Jibbys under attack

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Jibbys under attack

Post by Lauren »

:( Woke up early thismorning and got the birds out as usual. Everything was normal, they ate some breakfast and played a game of kiss chasey.. then things got ugly..
Yoda turned on Jibby and kept on 'charging' at him, trying to attack even mid air!! Poor Jibby has been too scared to leave my shoulder all morning!! Hes been hiding in my hair! What happened?
I have put Yoda in time out, but he's screaming his guts out right now and I can tell even Jibby has had enough of Yoda, because now with the monster safely in the cage, hes sitting in the other room growling and doing his 'Yeeeaaah!'.. at Yodas screaming. :cry:
Ive looked over both of them, incase its not a medical problem..
Maybe just having a bad day? Woke up on the wrong side of the perch?
Only thing I can think of is Yoda has become extreemly jealous of attention lately, its not that he doesnt get his equal share of me time, he gets plenty!!.. he just wants me all to himself!! He cant stand it when Jibby is sitting on me, he puffs up and pins as soon as I even talk to Jibby. I think Yoda has become possessive of me! I thought he was maybe possessive of Jibby but hes definately not.. its all me me me.. I have noticed he is possessive of 3 things.. me.. food.. and the shower.
I dont know if separating them into different rooms will work. But do you think I should give it a go? I think they need a break from one another and spend alone time with me without jealousy. :?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

lauren...hope thing going better for you...

with my so limited expiriance, i cant help at all...but ican tell,tango has been a bad boy, realy the worse tango i ever seen since ytesterday...

wondering weather it is just the season or wat......
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hormones Lauren Hormones :(

And it will pass :wink:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
leo

Post by leo »

donna, is it for mine too?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Probably so Leo :(

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
leo

Post by leo »

i hope it does not last for too long...
already got the complain from 1 neighbour this morning
Bella

Post by Bella »

Do they not know you have a shoulder for each of them :lol: Billy once tried to attack my sisters mouth because she kissed my son :? Jealousy sucks lol
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

im so sorry that this happened

I was thinking

It could be hormones like donna said and it probably is

But this just popped into my head.

You thought that yoda could be female right?

And females control males right?

Is it breeding seaon right now where you at?

Just my brain thinking :D
-Justin
Briony

Post by Briony »

LOL

this is wha Ruski (appanrelty a female according to the breeder i got her from)

does to poor nibbler when he is anywhere near me.... and cos he cant fly he ends up crash landing on the carpet :(
bec

Post by bec »

hmmm justins got a point i still think generals a girl ( even though i say him i just got used to it at the pet shop i bought him from)
& hes doing similar things to kieron when he gos on the rope perch
& if generals the first one in the big cage at night kieron wont go in
any one know when breeding season is inn melbourne?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

poor jibby, you were HIS mum first lol
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:wink: Thanx for the ideas.. I am beginning to think Yoda is Lola, finding it hard to call he a she though! :lol: Yodas been driving me mad lately, s/hes been a right lil monster! I have to keep reminding myself, this will pass.. its ookaay!

Ive noticed a definate change in behaviour in them both lately, and Jibby seems to be backing off with the attention hes paying to 'Lola'. Normally hes all over Lola and he gets really excited when they play 'kiss chasey' (does his lil dance and trys to preen Yoda). He cant wait to get up in the morning to get close to Yoda.. normally his first priority! But the last few weeks its like he just gives up because 'Lola' is getting snappy with him. Yoda will call for him from another room (bossy boots!) normally he will follow, but hes ignoring Yoda lately and doing his own thing. I can see this frustrates Yoda, s/he 'cracks the poos' better than any toddler Ive seen in a shopping centre. haha

I love analizing them and its probably just human of me, but I think Jibby has tried to 'woo' the lady perhaps, but has been told its not going to happen this breeding season so hes backed off. Hmm maybe my mind is just wondering too much and I'm looking into it too much! Still, most definately hormones are at play!!

I think I'm doing everything right, just have to hang in there, its such an interesting time in a young birdies life. Poor Yoda/Lola.. s/hes growing up! :lol:

Bet ya Yoda is male, just to stir me!

Bec/Justin, breeding season in Australia is from about July to October/November. :wink:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hmm.. I think theyre going through a messy divorce! :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

Lauren wrote:Hmm.. I think theyre going through a messy divorce! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG!!!!!
if that happens at my place there will be trouble theres enough fighting over who owns the big cage as it is
(its actually rikus but kieron hated the cage i brought from him & moved in to rikus as her flatemate ) now general thinks he wants to move in too!
cheeky devils :twisted: :twisted: arnt they?
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

wow! it does sound like its either hormonal, something to do with jelousy or just "sibling rivalry" (i know they aint related, but they live together).

Maybe its the time of year :o everyones birds seem to be going crazy. Spit has been going mental the past few days, lunging at me all the time, biting me when i put food in, screaming his heart out all day and night and growling. just being a total monster. we spend all day having to ignore his pacing for attention while he screams
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:x Thats it! I'm clipping Yodas wings tonight. Its escalated and is getting uncontrollable because hes now refusing to step up and just flys away screaming. I've separated them into different rooms because Jibby is getting upset at all the snapping and screaming constantly. I can see he just wants to be left alone. Even Jibbys doing his best to ignore Yoda. :( My gosh, Ive never seen such behaviour.. really! I'm doing my best to stay calm. Yodas in the cage at the moment, and hasnt stopped. Its like as soon as he gets out in the morning hes hyperactive and screams all day long and it doesnt stop until bedtime!

I hope its just hormones! Patience patience patience. :(
I'm going to try and clip when my partner gets home from work and we'll see what happens.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Lauren wrote::x Thats it! I'm clipping Yodas wings tonight. Its escalated and is getting uncontrollable because hes now refusing to step up and just flys away screaming. I've separated them into different rooms because Jibby is getting upset at all the snapping and screaming constantly. I can see he just wants to be left alone. Even Jibbys doing his best to ignore Yoda. :( My gosh, Ive never seen such behaviour.. really! I'm doing my best to stay calm. Yodas in the cage at the moment, and hasnt stopped. Its like as soon as he gets out in the morning hes hyperactive and screams all day long and it doesnt stop until bedtime!

I hope its just hormones! Patience patience patience. :(
I'm going to try and clip when my partner gets home from work and we'll see what happens.

Sounds like you have a good plan there, lets hope that settles that Yoda, Good luck
Sharlene and Amazon
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh Lauren that sucks, but I bet its hormones and a light clip will bring him back down to earth after a while and give Jibs the peace he needs.

Let us know how you get on.
-Chamon-

bec

Post by bec »

also jibby will be able to escape yodas grumpy momments :D
julie

Post by julie »

how are the kids going now. I say kids because they sound just like kids fighting and having to go to time out.