What Can You Do To Win Trust Again?

Moderator: Mods

countrygal_cc

What Can You Do To Win Trust Again?

Post by countrygal_cc »

Hello I have a question I bought cupcake almost 3 weeks ago. When I brought cupcake home she loved my husband too and my husband could pet her about a week ago my husband got cupcake out and cupcake got herself caught up in a fishing line it scared cupcake but ever since cupcake will not let my husband get her out she is afraid of my husband and my husband told cupcake it wasn't my fault you got caught up in the fishing line, my husband tried his best to get cupcake out today and she won't let him what can he do?
Park outside where the air is cool...
leo

Post by leo »

i think start working when cupcake is out...
let your husband give him alot alot of treat when he is out, then slowly worked on the getting her out...

but, dont expectit to be 1 day, i week or 1 month...
bird got troumatised really easily...
it can be within hours, or even never gain back the complete trust(cupcake isso young, think you will get bach her trust) :lol: ...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

im sorry to hear that about the trust, but he is going to have to start over again to gain that trust, it might not of been his fault but cupcake thinks so.

He needs to sit next to the cage with cupcake in the cage talking to cupcake, and putting fingers near with the door open, when cupcake comes near his hands he gives cupcake a treat, cupcake will soon get the message that he isnt a bad person and will hopefully step up for him.

This needs to be done over a period of time, so every day he needs to sit with cupcake without trying to get cupcake out and talking with cupcake.

Hope this helps
Sharlene and Amazon
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Spit blames us with a massive scream and a growl in our general direction if he trips on his perch while hes pacing or running or accidently falls off his perch or his toys. He doesnt seem to understand that we had nothing to do with his fall or trip