behaviour again

Moderator: Mods

leo

behaviour again

Post by leo »

last nite, i was so tired and did not take tango out as routine...

in the morning, he woke up extra early, about 5 am and scream all the way...i woke up at 6.45, and took him out...he bites and was so active...

bite everything he found and scream...

after i left to school, he still make noise

i come homewith the nieghbour complained that he is screaming from 5-11.30++am...

this was the 1st time....
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

probably having a grump because you didnt get him out. Spit had a fit at me earlier because i didnt bring him upstairs while i played on the p.c. was an early bedtime for him :D he sits downstairs and growls and screams really badly
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh poor Tango. I hope hes not sick. I'm thinking either hes maybe sick or just had a tantrum because things are not going according to plan. Yoda seems to think the world revolves around him. :roll:
The screaming in the morning sounds like an attention cry. Yoda does this if I dont get him out when hes 'finished' his morning nibble on some breakfast. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
inept

Post by inept »

Hmm. Ruffle bunks with me and he used to chirp away when he woke up because he wanted me to wake up and service him in whatever birdy ways he demands (Nutriberries please!). I just ignored him and he learned pretty quick that when daddy's still sleeping, he might as well not even bother. He eats and plays, sometimes a little rambunctiously so it's noisy anyway, but he doesn't make a peep. As soon as I wake up, though, Ruffle gets his chirp on, and there's no fooling him. He knows when I'm awake!

If I sleep in to an unusual hour, he will kindly cluck and coo softly until I wake up, but he still won't call out.

Long story short, assuming everything's OK healthwise, Tango will get over it and learn.
leo

Post by leo »

yup, today he is a good boy again
:lol:

tahnks everyone for the help...

just now i make a porige for him...
hand feeding formula+hotwater(become like poridge)
+ brocoli flower(just the small small thing) and smashed kiwi fruit

i just used what ever i saw in the fridge...

and he choose to stay inside and eat than to come out and play with me..

ahaha...

o,1 more Q, tango always lift his beak up(closed) and cluck whenever my landlord touch him?
he very seldom do that tome, just my landlord and he is a man...

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

are you sure Tango is a he? how old is he?
leo

Post by leo »

no, not sure...
he is 9 month old...

but he cluck to my land lord, and ,dance to almost all shiny stuff and computer mouse, sometimes with wing open, sometimes not, and regurating to them...

but, physically he look like a boy, he has flat head...

but, i don't know, last time justine's (one of the member) oliver also like that, but turn out to be female
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i spent monday night looking through the video's section and laughing my head off til 2am. Have you seen Aldeleen's Video of Pi-Ko?

http://www.indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5341

very very beautiful bird but very confusing lol. Maybe he is a male but showing a bit of female behaviour? maybe its even just submissive because your landlord is a man? i dont know lol
leo

Post by leo »

yea...that very manly, and cute in the end...

always live thet video....

is 9 month old is just right for blufing?

i think he is in the stage right now...really grumpy, noisy and demanding...

but i hope it dont last too long :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i think that sounds about right. i'm not overly sure about bluffing though. i think we got Spit after that stage, and obviously he won the fight -.-
bec

Post by bec »

leo wrote:
is 9 month old is just right for blufing?

i think he is in the stage right now...really grumpy, noisy and demanding...

but i hope it dont last too long :lol:

noisy grumpy demanding?...............
:shock: :shock: :shock:
oh my god my teenagers are going through bluffing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
come to think of it that explains alot
leo

Post by leo »

tango screamed the whole day today...
i can't believe he could scream that loud ( i can hear him very VERY clearly from the garden of my apartment ( i live in the 5th floor)..

the scream was the whole day, non-stop, even he is in the toilet....

he has bee screaming since last nite before he sleeps...
i could not stand this, im having bad mirgan and the piercing sound is just like bursting my head off

i don't know what happen...till now he is screaming........
leo

Post by leo »

i remeberi feed himwith baby formula+kiwi fruit+brocoli...
inever feed him with kiwi fruit before...

any of the 3 food trigger the hormone?
leo

Post by leo »

some thing wierd happen...

tango was in the room with me, when my landlordson come in, he dance like male, with all the heart shape and everything(1st time i see him dance like that)
then he went off,tango still got crazy over it, then my landlord come is, he reight away tilt and cluck like female...

then he went off and the son come in and he display the majistic male dance again...and when both father and son in, tango suprisingly, did not do anything and act as nothing happen anc continue eating his apple...

then next minute, they ask, so, tango is male or female?
i was loughing...

anybody has any idea on this please?

thanks alot
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Hey Leo,

Young birds can pick up different things they see older ringnecks do.

Like oliver probably saw a male dance when she was little and she did it for a while thinking it was fun and now she doesnt do it anymore.

Oliver didnt start clucking till 9-10 months. :shock:

But then again tango could be copying a female he saw.

Dont you have wild ringnecks outside?
-Justin
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i dont even think the bird needs to see a wild one to copy it. its all about instinct isnt it. they naturally know what the mating display of both sexes is, otherwise how would they know they were being displayed to?

i think it is just an act/phase that infant birds (cant think of a better phrase) go through
leo

Post by leo »

im not sore for this...
but mine never see wild onefor very long long time ...

but for alot of cases, i believe it is instinct which some times supported by the expiriance after seeing the older IRN

thanks alot