whats going on at my place

Moderator: Mods

bec

whats going on at my place

Post by bec »

i thought id let you guys know how things are going now that generals
in the loungeroom with the other 2
general & riku have realy hit it off & spend most of the day following eachother round the room
there have been some jealousy issue but nothing major general very quickly learnt that kierons bedtime swing is for kierons use only :lol:
from watching the other 2 general has also learnt the use of the strange things i call toys & is now playing avidly with the ones outside his cage tho still not keen on them in his cage
kieron is madly doing his courting dance to anything...and i mean anything riku, general, the cockies outside..........& his latest a bell that sits on top of the big cage (im wondering if hes been reading laurens post about jibby over my shoulder) they all like to sit on the top ove the mirror and supervise the computor usage (i will post pics of that as son as i get on) the biggest change in any of the birds tho is kieron he actually seems to miss me now!
every time i walk back in the room he looks at me and chitters no yells or screams just hello or what you doing or no actual words but he is always looking at me when he does it!!
its like hes saying hey i noticed you were gone & im glad your back hes stilll not up to letting me touch him but he will almost stand nose to beak with me
& if i have popcorn while sitting on my chair watchin tv he will fly down & land on the back of the chair :shock: but when i look at him he will fly off :cry: general still wont let me near him but has lost the fear look in his eyes , what im doing with him is walking slowly with my hands behind my back & just getting to the point where i know hes ok with me talking to him for a while then walking of and playing thumbs with riku or feeding kieron an apple slice
my theory with this is im getting as close to him as he will come to me then when he is comfortable and just curious at what im doing coz im not trying to grab at him or touch him so whats the go here the others are getting something that they love thereby increasing his curiousity
without scaring him or making him think im going to grab him

oh i thought i better explain the "thumbs " i play with riku
when i say its time for thumbs i put my thumb up (like giving the thumbs up to someone & riku "investigates it" some times she smooches on it some times she looks like shes punching it with her beak other times she cleans her beak with it :roll: as long as she doesnt bite it she gets lots of treats during the5-10 minutes before she gets bored & flysoff but if she bites i say "no biting & then wait till she stops & does something different then i say goood girl gets a treat and give her one
the other 2 watch rikus gametimes very closley and are getting more confident in the fact that i never hold her or force her to stay when she wants to leave & sometime i catch them moving closer to get a better look at whats happening!!
Bella

Post by Bella »

All sounds like its going great :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

i didnt realise how long that post was :oops:
but then again if i cant waffle on here about the wonders of my birds
where can i?
thanks bella dont forget to give billy a kiss for me
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i like the sound of your thumbs game :D sounds like your getting on well with all your birds, and making good progress. congrats ^^. General and Kieron will get the idea soon that your not as scary as they think you are hehe
Lena

Post by Lena »

I love your post, it teaches me alot how I should behave with Watto.
And that other birds also are frightened of their owners.
Lena
bec

Post by bec »

thanks guy :oops:
its nice to get feedback
lena
alot of birds are nervy
dont give up watto
will come around
pearl

Post by pearl »

my theory with this is im getting as close to him as he will come to me then when he is comfortable and just curious at what im doing coz im not trying to grab at him or touch him so whats the go here the others are getting something that they love thereby increasing his curiousity
without scaring him or making him think im going to grab him

i know the feeling man i just cant resist grabing them and smooching them and then i end up loosing all their trust in me hehehe

i do this all the time its like am addicted to smooching those little guys

but you doing great , congrats on the progress and that making them curious thing is a fantastic approach :)
bec

Post by bec »

the curiousity thing seems to work coz they seem to focuse sooo much on trying to figure out what im up to they forget that they are scared of me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: