What a dancer lol

Moderator: Mods

Eclipzia

What a dancer lol

Post by Eclipzia »

I was reading on here about IRN liking certain types of music and I through on Dave Matthews band and he went crazy lol. He has been running back and forth on his perch and scretches when I turn it off haha.

Question - I received him from another person and I noticed when I got him home he has a crack in his beak, shouls this be something to worry about, he has been eating pleanty and very active.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

if you want to post a photo so we can see th crack that woudl be good someone might be able to help, but if you are really worried take your IRN to the vet to get checked out
Sharlene and Amazon
Bella

Post by Bella »

Is it definately a crack or could it be a deep scratch? Billy had a deep scratch when he come to us its caused him no problem at all but i do keep an eye out
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Eclipzia

Post by Eclipzia »

Here is a piture, I hope I can get it to past hehe, you can see there is an indent/Imagecrack in his beak
Bella

Post by Bella »

Do you have any closer and clearer shots the beak is quite blurry on that picture
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Eclipzia

Post by Eclipzia »

Thanks for all of your support, it is surely appreciated.

I tried to get as close as I can and doct this up so it hopefully will be clearer

still will not let me too close but that will take time :)

Also please excuse thae cage ahh, would like to paint it but i am thinking it needs to be non toxic powder coat but its huge and he seem to like it .

For 3 nights we have sat together with the cage open and calming coaxing words but he still does not trust enough to come out.

The noises they make are so funny, they dont even sound like an animal let alone a bird, this is by far the most entertaining breed of birds I have
had.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

im not a vet or anything but that looks harsh! have you had it checked out by a vet? even if it is an old wound i still would, just to check everything is fine and itll heal up alright.

ive never seen anything like that before! i wonder what could have caused it. hes still a beauty though
Donna

Post by Donna »

I have a breeder IRN that's beak looks just like that and before I got him he was bit by a Cockatoo. Your birds beak looks healed and it will always look like that not much you can do about it.
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Donna wrote:I have a breeder IRN that's beak looks just like that and before I got him he was bit by a Cockatoo. Your birds beak looks healed and it will always look like that not much you can do about it.

bit by a cockatoo!!! aww poor thing!

Eclipzia hes still beautiful and always will be ^^ i hope my fid gets colouring like yours when he grows his ring
Bella

Post by Bella »

It does look pretty nasty i would also recommend getting him seen by a vet it looks like he has trauma to his nostril i wonder if it may effect his breathing?
Eclipzia

Post by Eclipzia »

Great news!! We had our first check up and although it looks nasty it is not threatening. I am still not sure exactly how this had happened but I am glad to hear that he is alright.

A little bit of an update, he now has a name Indiana, no more birdie no name. His cage sits by my budgies and I am thinking that he thinks he is an overgrown budgie as he is now making their sounds. He is was to funny because he will chat up a storm but as soon as he sees you he will go mute again.

Thanks for you support.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

ahahahaa hell pick up the courage to talk infront of you soon :D just wait until you cant shut him up :) nice name youve picked too, and good to hear everything is fine.