IRN scared

Moderator: Mods

zivie17

IRN scared

Post by zivie17 »

Hi everyone,
last week i took my IRN out of it's cage and put Indi into a smaller cage so i could give the cage a really good clean outside. I couldnt just leave Indi out as I have a few inside pets (cats/dogs etc) that i think would try and play a little to rough. Indi went back into the cage fine once it was cleaned but now freaks out if i put my hand in to give her/him some treats. I can give Indi things from outside the cage and it's ok. But s/he is a bit stand offish about giving me kisses which usually isnt a problem.
Do you think Indi will calm down or will I have to start regaining the trust again :?:
zivie17

Post by zivie17 »

:? Can any one help me???? or just give some advice or thoughts
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Not sure if I can help you but will try to bounce a few ideas around.

Have you put Indi in this other cage before when cleaning his/her cage out? If not then maybe s/he has become territorial of his/her cage.
If you have then maybe something has changed in his/her cage that s/he doesn't like. What did you clean the cage out with?

I think Indi will calm down again.

8)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

I tend to leave Amazon in his cage when im cleaning it so he can see what im doing, he likes to try adn help i dont use any products that have a strong smell to it or anything that will harm him, i normally use an eco store product to clean his cage with soapy eco store dish wash stuff with hot water i use a brush and a cloth Amazon likes to chase the cloth and tell me off for cleaning. I wont move him into another cage.

As pink devil said have you used this cage before because if you havent and just put him in there its not familer so it would be normal to freak, if you want to do things like that when its an unfamiler cage you need to introduce it slowly.

As for other inside pets i have cats and dogs here as well but i will watch my baby but while im cleaning the cage im right there the other animals dont care, as i said Amazon likes helping maybe you could try and let your baby help too. Amazon likes to rip the paper as soon as i put it in that keeps him busy so i can get clean water and food.
Sharlene and Amazon
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

for the first time today i let spit out of his cage while i cleaned it, but instead of putting him on his play stand across the room with my boyfriend watching him, i let him play on top. i re-arranged his cage and let him help me place his toys. he wasnt as stressed out as he normally is about me touching his toys and i think he enjoyed the 'play time'. i found it quite fun aswell. i was drinking a cup of tea whilst cleanin his cage, and he ran over to get some, so i poared some warm water into another cup and he drank the water from the cup while i held it and drank mine :D its the closest hes been to me in months

you should try letting him help you. it might surprise you - it did me :)
bec

Post by bec »

while im on my hands & knees cleaning the bottom of the cage riku likes to drop the top of the cage toys on my head whille kieron seems like decorating my head with poop :roll:
so its become a ritual ......
never clean the cage after washing my hair!
i thought about complaining at first then irealised kieron was really interacting with me i just know the frist time he laughs will be while im cleaning the cage :lol:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

ryelle wrote:for the first time today i let spit out of his cage while i cleaned it, but instead of putting him on his play stand across the room with my boyfriend watching him, i let him play on top. i re-arranged his cage and let him help me place his toys. he wasnt as stressed out as he normally is about me touching his toys and i think he enjoyed the 'play time'. i found it quite fun aswell. i was drinking a cup of tea whilst cleanin his cage, and he ran over to get some, so i poared some warm water into another cup and he drank the water from the cup while i held it and drank mine :D its the closest hes been to me in months

you should try letting him help you. it might surprise you - it did me :)

Im glad that worked for you, its great when they try and help.
Sharlene and Amazon
zivie17

Post by zivie17 »

Thanks guys, I think I will get Indi to help me. I can just see the toys falling on my head now lol
Indi loves ripping up fresh paper so thats another good idea to keep her amused. Indi is slowly starting to be my friend again which is good, I have been scamming her/him with Pine nuts for kisses :lol: ....Indi's favourite treat.