oooohhhhhh good news my experiment just started to work

Moderator: Mods

pearl

oooohhhhhh good news my experiment just started to work

Post by pearl »

just right now my new green irn flew on the floor and started playing with a water bottle top (cap) and then my rose surprisingly flew and landed near the new one and scarred him away then started investigating the cap then lost interest and left it
then the new one came and as a show off started picking and throwing it like a basket ball as if saying to rose THIS IS HOW ITS DONE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bella

Post by Bella »

Sounds like she is starting to get used to him :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
countrygal_cc

Pretty

Post by countrygal_cc »

Your bird is so pretty. Love the white. What all tricks does your baby do?
Park outside where the air is cool...
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Thats neat, hopefully rose will get the idea and play too, if you want her to hold it try getting her to hold it in her beak and you putting a treat like a sunflower or something in it, they get it out and learn if i hold this i get a treat, Amazon would chase his bottle cap and bring it back to me to get his treat.
Sharlene and Amazon
pearl

Re: Pretty

Post by pearl »

countrygal_cc wrote:Your bird is so pretty. Love the white. What all tricks does your baby do?

oh she is great she loves to be touched by me and answers me in a cat like voice (MEOW) ... :) when i call her thats about it she is very reserved birdy
but considering that she was abused with her old owner
so she is not very playfull or likes trying new things at all
i get her new toys every now and then but she never touches them or goes near them
first i thought that i will make her more interactive with my love and as time will go she will open up
but its been nearly ONE and a HALF YEAR i have had her but she is still the same
the only change is that she has really bonded with me
all she wants is for me to stroke her all day and she is happy
she doesnt let any one come near her or touch her

its all good and fine but she is not getting her daily stimulating or excercise which worries me coz she is scared of everthing till now except me

so i decided if i bring a friend for her she might learn from it to be more active

and i telll you this new irn is just soo curios about everything
he has to touch everything he sees
he is like THE CURIOUS GEORGE hehehehehe Laughing
pearl

Post by pearl »

Amazonite wrote:Thats neat, hopefully rose will get the idea and play too, if you want her to hold it try getting her to hold it in her beak and you putting a treat like a sunflower or something in it, they get it out and learn if i hold this i get a treat, Amazon would chase his bottle cap and bring it back to me to get his treat.

yeah i know my new irn drinks juice from the bottle cap which i discovered today his old owner must have taught him that
there is one thing i can say with acute happiness is that my new irn's owner kept his pet with lots of tender love and care
he has been brought up right by his owner
and that counts coz the early months or years of any kid whether human or bird really decides how they are going to be in their life ahead because if its been messed up with abuse they loose their confidence and trust

you know there is so much difference between these two birds behaviour and confidence and trust levels and their attitude towards new things

and you know what else i think my rose must have been torchered by a hoover coz she is terrified when i take my henry hoover out she flys like mad parrot
so now i lock her in the cage first then hoover the house so she doesnt get hurt while flying wildly
but even in the cage she used to jump and flutter around

so i tried to give her a treat everytime i finished hoovering and it seems to be working as long as he is in the cage he doesnt flutter around :)