my ringnecks a nut

Moderator: Mods

meeko-05

my ringnecks a nut

Post by meeko-05 »

My ringneck is named Skuttle, I've had her for almost 2 years now. I just can't seem to tame her. She is ok with me in the room with her but if anyone else goes near her she goes nuts. I can't get her to stop biting me she is better than before with the biting but she still does it. She comes on my hand and shoulder but if i move she does a runner or bites me. Any ideas.[/b]
pearl

Post by pearl »

awwww i think shee likes you and thinks of you as her mate and tries to protect you from outside danger hehehe :wink: hey am no expert but i did read it some where
but none the less its never a joy to be bitten and it should be stopped
have you tried giving her a time out when she bites ?
Bella

Post by Bella »

Im going to cheat and paste my advice from another topic into here lol
When Billy 1st come to us he was pretty much like a wild bird and i took some very nasty bites and now i can touch his beak he will step up onto my arm and isnt terrified of hands anymore and no longer tries to attack my face.
For biting there are two methods i know of
1st when he bites you ignore him do not react do not move away do not make a sound because it may be a reation he wants but stay firm this works for alot of irns but it didnt for mine.
2nd method is if he bites firmly tell him no do not back down keep eye contact until HE backs down.
The 2nd method worked for me and now he knows he is doing something naughty if i say no if its biting people or something he shouldnt.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leo

Post by leo »

yup,bella 1nd method worked for mine too,butwhen he is young...

now i used the earth quake method...

whne he bite, u firmly said dont bite and shake your hand(if he standing on your finger) to direction of behinfd him, usually this direction will make him lost balance and has to let go the bite...

mine completely completly quit biting after 3 day of that treatment...

now evenhe is on my shoulder, i whe i just say stop it, or eh, or stop biting he willotomatically stop...

but as a parrot, there is time he will try to push his way, and that the time he will on the floor,or worst case, spent his hours in the lonely cage
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............