HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR FEMALE WILL GET ALONG WITH THE MALE

Moderator: Mods

pearl

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR FEMALE WILL GET ALONG WITH THE MALE

Post by pearl »

Right as you all know i got a male IRN (havent thought of a name yet ) for my female ONE (ROSE)
now the thing is that he is absolutely in love with her but she doesnt give him any attention infact she scares him away if he approaches by growling at him
and i am pretty sure she knocked him down the other day when he sort off tried to preen her tail
DOES THIS MEAN SHE HATES HIM AND WILL NEVER MATE WITH HIM OR KISS HIM OR PREEN HIM OR GET ALONG?? :(
Bella

Post by Bella »

Maybe she will come around to him might just take abit of getting used to having a friend if she has had no birdy friends before.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Donna

Post by Donna »

Females call all the shots when it comes to chosing a mate. If Rose was a pet first and your trying to turn her into a breeder then chances are she will never take to a mate. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but pet birds don't often make good breeders.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
pearl

Post by pearl »

oh i am not trying to turn her in to breeder i just wanted her to have a partner to interact with and play with when i am at work
you see she was abused with her old owner
so she is not very playfull or likes trying new things at all
i get her new toys every now and then but she never touches them or goes near them
first i thought that i will make her more interactive with my love and as time will go she will open up
but its been nearly ONE and a HALF YEAR i have had her but she is still the same
the only change is that she has really bonded with me
all she wants is for me to stroke her all day and she is happy
she lets me stroke her or touch her every where and she only answers me when i call her in a cat voice (meow)
she doesnt let any one come near her or touch her

its all good and fine but she is not getting her daily stimulating or excercise which worries me coz she is scared of everthing till now except me

so i decided if i bring a friend for her she might learn from it to be more active

and i telll you this new irn is just soo curios about everything
he has to touch everything he sees
he is like THE CURIOUS GEORGE hehehehehe :lol:

basically i wanted another irn not to breed but to love and care for my rose when i am at work

i have seen so many videos of two irns being so affectionate to each other and play with each other or copy each other and i thought why not try it
so i bought this whole new big cage and everything so there is no territorial confusions and i did managed to tackle that for sure

but whats bugging me is that they are living in the cage like two strangers minding their own buisness And its been a month now If anything rose is more attached to me than ever as if she feels i am not going to love her as much now that there is a new member come in but i reassure her everyday that she is my princess :wink: