Is It Normal For Cupcake To Get Sleepy With One Foot Up?

Moderator: Mods

countrygal_cc

Is It Normal For Cupcake To Get Sleepy With One Foot Up?

Post by countrygal_cc »

I have had cupcake for two days today I must say this has been a fun adventure. Cupcake is about two months old I notice cupcake does like apples I gave a couple of pieces a min ago then cupcake went to sleep with one foot up. Is it normal for cupcake to be sleepy some and what about the one foot up. This morning cupcake was sitting on my shoulder and I was playing cupcake music and cupcake went to sleep. Cupcake doesn't seem to like music a lot. I was in the bathroom a min ago and cupcake made a noise but it wasn't really loud. Can I buy cupcake
a cat toy the plastic balls is that ok? If I buy a ball will cupcake go and get it. Cupcake already knows two tricks I will have my plastic ring and I tell cupcake pick it up she will and then I say drop it and she drops it in my hand. Also this morning she was between my feet and I said lets walks she walked with me between my feet to the end of the room very smart bird it is like cupcake knows what I am saying. If anyone knows a trick on here please tell it to me. Look forward to hearing from you
guys.
Misty
Park outside where the air is cool...
leo

Post by leo »

wow...she is claver...
never success to train tango to let go his stuff on command...
tango is too proud to give me his toy, he rather drop it on the floor...haha...

healthy bird slee in 1 leg, and they fall asleep verry easily...
tango alwaysfall asleep when i played my guitar...but now, he would not even care...haha
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
inept

Post by inept »

Yes, most birds sleep on one foot. What's really cool is when they stand on your finger after one foot has been tucked away, you can feel just how warm it is for them under their feathers because that foot is really hot!

My bird has a plastic ball with a bell inside and I call it his crazy ball. Anytime it gets near him, he goes insane and attacks it. He likes to shake it and toss it away.
bec

Post by bec »

most of my bird toys are either cat or dog toys
sleeping alot at cupcakes age i would assume to be normal after all shes only a baby & growing does take alot of energy
as for tricks the only one ive managed to train anyto do is come
but i have to tell riku what shes coming for eg:
"riku come for brocolli"
"riku come for apple"
she will fly from the to of the cage or of the curtain to land on my hans
leo

Post by leo »

yup, tango sleep in 1 leg too, but he did not tuck the leg in...he will hold the swing instead, can't be sure why...

i think teach your bird to come here when you say come here is good, it make the bird extra allert to calling when he is doing his business alone,

may be if he goes missing, hiding within branch and you can't see her, you can call her and she will be extra sensitive toward your calling...

i trained tango to shake hand, wave bye bye and hallo, give his head, lying down, and retreve(never have luck with it yet)

i have some Question for the give me your head trick...
when ever tango become crazy, like biting climbing all over, or anything mean, i do the trick...the comand i usually said is:
give me your head, give me your head, where is your head, and i will tap it really gently as he give his head to me( he really bring it to me, haha)...
well, the question is, after that, the mean tango will become submissive and a good boy...but how come?

i can't really see any logic of what causing it...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
countrygal_cc

Post by countrygal_cc »

Leo please tell me how you teach your bird to wave and shake hands I would like to know those tricks. I did try the lay down trick and cupcake didn't like it too much. I taught her another trick this morning cupcake will get between my feet and walk with me to the end of the kitchen I will tell cupcake lets walk and cupcake does I can't wait to see what else cupcake will do I seem to have a little bit of a cold can birds catch colds I don't want to hold mine too much if so. I am glad to know about your bird sitting with one foot up too. I am just glad you don't think they are sick if they do this a lot and since mine is a baby it will rest more. I need to find a bigger perch for mine I think the perch is too small tomorrow will be my first day without her I have to go to work what can I do to occupy cupcake while I am gone my husband usually turns on the radio for buttercup will that work for these kind of birds too?
countrygal_cc

Sleep

Post by countrygal_cc »

Leo is it ok too if cupcake sleeps with his head behind his wing?
inept

Re: Sleep

Post by inept »

countrygal_cc wrote:Leo is it ok too if cupcake sleeps with his head behind his wing?

Perfectly normal.
leo

Post by leo »

yup,of course, as inept said, it is perfectly normal...
I taught her another trick this morning cupcake will get between my feet and walk with me to the end of the kitchen I will tell cupcake lets walk and cupcake does

i think u dont do this, or you may want to be very very careful,...she can just turn her direction and get steped...it can be fatal...

misty,i will post the shaking hand thing tomorrow,...my brain like can't think now, just finish preparing for exam and presentation for tommorow morning...hehe, sorry, 2 am here,hehe
leo

Post by leo »

I did try the lay down trick and cupcake didn't like it too much.

i feel,try to gain 100% of cupcake trust 1st, this way, you have less chances in geting her shock, trauma or any unpleasening memories during training...(the lying down trick especially)

if they get bad memories in training, they won't like trainign anymore...

i gain so much trust of tango that i can play wrestling with him...haha
(just grab and turn it around like a toy) but of coz i do it really really gently, and i know when he get agitated about it(before he is agitated), i will quickly let him off and talk to him to persuade him not to be angry...haha
countrygal_cc

Pears

Post by countrygal_cc »

I was wondering can you give a bird a cold? I either have a cold or allergies. When I got home from work cupcake wanted out so I let
cupcake out and I let cupcake walk around but I am afraid to hold
cupcake. I also gave cupcake some pears and cupcake will eat
pears. Cupcake decided to make his way over to buttercups cage
and he just walked right on top of her cage and got on a stand I have on buttercups cage which cupcake wouldn't do on his own cage.
Let's just say buttercup was scared to death but cupcake I believe
likes buttercup pretty good.
leo

Post by leo »

im not sure about the cold thing...
i don usually play with tango when im having a cold, because i get irritated very easily when having cold...

to teach tango shake hand, i offer my finger and say shake, by instinc, he will step up, but as soon as he step up, then pull the finger away, and reward, he will very fast understand that,

training only 5 minute, but for tango, i trained him for 1 minute- 30 minute, some time he enjoy it alot and take it as game, but some time he is just not in the mood...

for waving, i offer my finger and say hallo( or any command), but at the distance where he can't reach but close enough thet he feel like step up, when he lift his foot, reward him...

mistake i made, i intro waving too close after he understand shake hand...

as both trick is very similar, he got confuse and refuse to do both, and get irritated and stressed up very easily...

start the new trick after your bird master the previous trick,

so i restart all over again, but this time he absord faster as he know it before...

now, he can very clearly differenciate which is which...

hope it helps