Taming?? please help

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

Taming?? please help

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

hey i have 2 blue adult indian ring necks
im not sure how old they are though because dad got them throught his rep but they are a breeding pair but i havnt had them breed yet because its was to cold but im hoping they will breed in summer, i have a boy(charlie) and a girl (milo),
they are both in an averie with 2 male budgies which both let me handle them,
charlie seems to be more tame then milo because when i hold him he doesnt bite as much or as hard as milo
im wondering how and if i can make them tame and if they will ever wanted to be handled,
there wings arnt clipped and both of them fly away from me when i try to hold them,
they used to fly around crazy when i enter the averie but now they just sit on their perches and look at me
can some one please give me addvice on how to train them?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

My mate and i never tried to tame our breeding pairs, because then we you breed them and want to get teh eggs the birds will not be scare of you and will attack so you cant get the eggs, well that was what we were told from the breeder we got our breeders from.

I dont know if i like the idea of the pair going into the same avairy as budgies, our next door neighbour did that and the budgies died, the IRN attacked them. My boy will try and attack my mums budgie if i let him near his cage so Amazon isnt aloud near budgies cage at all.

Hopefully someone will be able to give you better advice.
Sharlene and Amazon
Rolly

Budfies and Ringnecks

Post by Rolly »

Save your budgies' life now and put them in a separate cage.
The IRNs will become highly territorial in due time and will butcher
your budgies.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

thanx for the help but the IRNs are fine with the bugies they sit right next to them to, the IRNs have never even tried to hurt them