Emergency - No idea what to do..

Moderator: Mods

smerfOowo

Emergency - No idea what to do..

Post by smerfOowo »

Hi guys!
I have a very serious problem with my ringneck..
I have ringneck since 3 weeks time, she did not have a cage at first she had her own room and a stand etc,
Due to moving out i had to get her a cage, since i got her a cage she is very annoying! she is biting me very bad!
We had a really bad day today, so bad that i shook her off of my shoulders as she bit me so hard i could not get her off with my hands!
I think she is scared of me after today as we really did not get on well.. she keeps on biting me, beak marks everywhere, blood is everywhere too..
i dont really know what to do, before the cage showed p i could control her and she didnt bite..
Maybe i should leave her in peace for few days to get use to the new cage?
do you think i will be able to gain her trust back?
Im really worried..

Thank you!
sanjays mummi

Re: Emergency - No idea what to do..

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, definitely!, although the cage Shouldn't make much difference, she is annoyed at the recent changes, and parrots Do tend to bite out of fear,,
Put her in her cage, let her cool her heels and settle down, but don't ignore her, get her into a routine, for cage cleaning and bedtime covering. She will soon feel more secure, and will become very attached to her little home.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good advice. Sit next to the cage when you have your meals, and after awhile open the door of her cage she will come out when she is ready, Do not rush the relationship, they do not like being handled until they can really trust you, all parrots bite at time my hen bit me as l tried to put her perch back in, she knew this was wrong and retreated to the top of the cage, but ten minutes later we were the best of friends again.
smerfOowo

Post by smerfOowo »

oh thank you for your advice!
We are back friends now :) She sometimes bites, i think im not the best parrot trainer but I`m trying ;p
we will see how it goes now :) Thank you!