Major milestone!

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

Major milestone!

Post by celtic_aura »

I can harldy believe it. When I opened Gigi bird's cage to clean the fruit and veggies off the bottom, he came right over to the open door. Normally he goes on his corner perch. THEN he sat there and let me give him kisses! I actually had my head part way in the cage. It was so cool. He's really coming around.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol Would of been a funny site seeing your head part way in the cage :lol: :lol:

It's great that you are making such good progress! :)

8)
rocketsmummy

Post by rocketsmummy »

I love it when they let you in just that little bit more.congrats on your milestone. :D
My heart sings everytime im with my Baby Birdy.
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Thanks. I'm trying to get him to do it more with treats, but if I try more than once every few hours he gets cranky. If a fid could huff and roll their eyes, that's what he'd be doing. :lol:
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Okay, who is this nice bird and what has he done with cranky Gigi bird? LOL He just played with me in his cage! Some of his lettuce had fallen so I opened his house and grabbed it. Just for the heck of it I held it out to him. He did a little dance to it. Then I started telling him he was a silly bird and gently smacking him over the head with the lettuce leaf. He LOVED it! Started taking nibbles out of it. I even petted his tummy with it. It was like he didn't even realize my hand was completely in his cage. Or else he didn't care. So many break throughs with him lately that I'm soaring.
bec

Post by bec »

riku is doing a similar thing i have this toy i boutgh for all the bird (yep one each) it looks like the end of a rope perch that has been notted on one end and the twist end to attach it to the side of the cage
when riku is in a playful mood i holed it out to her and say "get the chewy!!!"
she goes nuts!!!!!!
she runs over to where i am & jumps on it and bites & chews it all the while making the cutest little noises she loves play time so much!!!!!
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Gigi bird loves playing so much. And I love watching him climb all lver everything, hang off one toy to chew on another. Swing off of anything he can. Such a show boat! Our local pet shop has a table top play area for 35 dollars I've been eyeing. Might get it to put on the roof of his cage.