New bird - trembling....???

Moderator: Mods

BirdLady77

New bird - trembling....???

Post by BirdLady77 »

Hi

I just wanted to ask you about one of my ringnecks, the grey one. As you may already know, I just got them last Friday but had them waiting for me at the breeders for over a month. I have four of them and they were all caged together.
I noticed that the grey ringneck sometimes has a slight tremble. The blue one and green one can sometimes get it aswell but it is even slighter and hard to spot but I guess compared to those two, the grey one would then be more prominent. The yellow one doesn't seem to tremble at all...the yellow one also seems the most confident of them all.
Could this just be due to stress and new environmnet?? He seems otherwise healthy. Eyes and nostrils are clean and healthy, feathers are perfect, he sits on top perch with all the others, he eats well....

Any suggestions?? Is this common for new birds to do (these are not tame birds - maybe semi tame) and I'm jsut paranoid or is there something wrong with him???

I appreciate any help/info you may have to offer!! Thankyou all very much!!!

Cheers
Kat
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

A slight trembling can be part of their grooming. They do it to readjust their feathers, particularly chest feathers. I know when Gigi bird does it he almost looks like he's cold and breathing a bit harder.
nil

Post by nil »

i have read that calsium, vitamin B and E, and selinium deficiency may produce nervous syptoms like trembling, so supplements may help.
The most often is calsium deficiency and the better calsium supplement is the liquid one.
BirdLady77

Post by BirdLady77 »

Thankyou sooooo much for that info!! Cheers :D
nil

Post by nil »

hi birdlady
i used to give them supplements all year
a multivitamin with amino acids and mineral daily and calsium once a week.
http://www.birdcareco.com/English/Produ ... rlist.html
i dont know if they do something but at least it is sure that are safe
BirdLady77

Post by BirdLady77 »

Cheers for that Nil :D