Behavior Question

Moderator: Mods

Pioneer

Behavior Question

Post by Pioneer »

Hello again :)
My bird Hemi has recently started doing strange things to his reflection in our bathroom mirror. I say 'he' but the bird has still got some growing to do so its too early to tell. However, sometimes we catch him doing something like throwing up to his reflection or doing a little dance to his favorite toys. From reading other posts i have heard this vomiting is a 'feeding' behavior? any help or comments would be appreciated.

I do think Hemi is a he, but only time will tell. The beak shape is similar to a female as you can see in the older forum posts that I've made, but I'm secretly hoping for a boy! :D feel free to comment!

thanks, Adam
Bella

Post by Bella »

Sounds like he has found a mate :lol: Billy tries to feed my ear the same was as you describe when he is :roll: erm doing naughty things :oops:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
laine

Post by laine »

Sounds like he is in love. :lol:

Smokey does this to me all the time, however, I have to share him with the bathroom mirror (we call it "The pretty bird") If you say to Smokey "Where's the Pretty Bird" or "Do you want to see the Pretty Bird" he goes nuts till you take him to the mirror. It's really funny. He is also very much in love with the computer mouse :lol: :lol: :lol: We now have to put it in the drawer as his vomit has ended up in the mouse wheel and is really hard to clean :roll: . Smokey started this behavious at about 8 months old and I was, from then on, convinced he was male. Sure enough - he got his ring. :lol: