Wow

Moderator: Mods

Bella

Wow

Post by Bella »

Im so happy how far billy has come i had to share it with you all as its all of you that helped me acheive this.
When billy first came to live with us on the 24th december he was terrified of hands and arms that were bare he would freak out he was very nasty to me more so than others like taking chunks out of my arm lunging at my face the list could go on he was like a wild bird but now he is so calm i can touch him (no stroking yet tho) he will step up onto my bare arm and i can even kiss him :D the past few days he has started to be kind to baz and hang around with him eating porridge lol And today my family came to visit and no one got bitten :shock: my sister even got 2 kisses from him she was soooooooooooooo happy she wants to take him home lol
He just seems so much happier so i have to thank everyone of you that helped me :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
nil

Post by nil »

its nice, everything goes well :)
billy tames so quickly.
i foresee in the future many many kisses :lol:
Bella

Post by Bella »

Yeah nil he has tamed quickly i was expecting many more months of being bitten lol
Its everyones help that has him this far. He will now jump on my hand from the mirror and has touched my fingers :D Its great he is such a pleasure.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

thats so great to hear bella
give billy kisses from me & tell him hes a clever & beautiful boy
Bella

Post by Bella »

bec wrote:thats so great to hear bella
give billy kisses from me & tell him hes a clever & beautiful boy

I'll smother him with kisses for you bec :D he seems to like kisses from everyone lol hes added another two people on his kisses list today :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

good he deserve all the kisses he can get
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bella

Post by Bella »

bec wrote:good he deserve all the kisses he can get
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I feel like just grabbing him and cuddling him but id be told off :roll:
:lol:
bec

Post by bec »

i know that feeling but not only would i be told off but with kieron id scare the heck out of him & reinforce all his fears of nasty scary hand thingies
and set him back
and general would bite!
& if i wake riku up i would have to spend half the night ripping grapes
in half to calm her down
oh well ill settle for blowing kisses for now :D
leo

Post by leo »

feel like just grabbing him and cuddling him

bella...ha also always have the same feeling...grab him and coddle him...i did it a few time...1st few he did not likeit...but, now he loveand will play along with it...he would be like making funny sound during the "tikling "
( i usually grab him and turn him up side down and tickle his chest and he will like playing along) after i let go he will start chattering like he was so happy, and some time like will come to me, hmm i take it as he want more...haha
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
warning

Post by warning »

zack also got tamed very quickly.... only for 2 days of taming and now he is so sweet he likes to cuddle under my shirt and loves to be petted....
now zack flies back and forth to my both arm....
Bella

Post by Bella »

I wish billy was THAT tame warning lol he was VERY VERY affraid of hands i think he has been hurt or scared by hands he was very much a wild bird when he come to us but i hope one day ill get there :D
bec

Post by bec »

i think the same thing happened to kieron but i think it was while the person was either wearing gloves or using a towel coz hes starting to get there with hands (still no touching but he will take food from me)
but the minute i even try to fold towells in the same room as him he will scream at me till they are all gone!!!
and if one of the kids comes inside with their gloves on after school he will scream & fly off hystericaly the first time it happened i had no idea why he was freaked but then cristy left the room & he calmed instantly :shock:
so i gave him a treat & went to check out what was different about her
thanks to you guys the gloves immmediatly rang a bell so now the kids take of their gloves outside then come inside
Bella

Post by Bella »

bec wrote:i think the same thing happened to kieron but i think it was while the person was either wearing gloves or using a towel coz hes starting to get there with hands (still no touching but he will take food from me)
but the minute i even try to fold towells in the same room as him he will scream at me till they are all gone!!!
and if one of the kids comes inside with their gloves on after school he will scream & fly off hystericaly the first time it happened i had no idea why he was freaked but then cristy left the room & he calmed instantly :shock:
so i gave him a treat & went to check out what was different about her
thanks to you guys the gloves immmediatly rang a bell so now the kids take of their gloves outside then come inside

Poor little fellow :( just glad he has a great mummy now :D
bec

Post by bec »

aawwwwww bella you say the sweetest things :oops:
you get hugs too this time :D billy knows how lucky he is too!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

congratualtions Bella on how far youve tamed Billy. you are my role model for taming Spit :D i know if i try, and get advice along the way from people off here, we'll get there eventually like you and Billy did. although he drives me round the bend sometimes, im not giving up on him yet ^^

Billy's lucky to have you and your family :)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Awwwwwww thanx for your kind words everyone its so rewarding to see him getting better and better i can now touch his beak :D :D :D :D still no strokes or touching his body only the beak lol but one day i will because he cant be so stubborn forever :lol: hehe
Rolly

Post by Rolly »

How old is the IRN you are training, Bella?
I asked because I wonder if I can tame this 3 mos. old IRN...
fledged about 3 weeks ago.I have 2nd thoughts about clipping its wings
as it seems to enjoy flying this time
Bella

Re: age

Post by Bella »

Rolly wrote:How old is the IRN you are training, Bella?
I asked because I wonder if I can tame this 3 mos. old IRN...
fledged about 3 weeks ago.I have 2nd thoughts about clipping its wings
as it seems to enjoy flying this time

He is around three now and very stubborn :lol: I was going to clip billys wings but with having rats and a dog i wanted him to be able to fly just incase anything was to happen ( i am super careful the dog is very good with him even lets him land on her head and the rats have seperate time out never together) and it was just as easy without plus i have a back disease so wouldnt be good me always having to get on the floor to pick him up if needed