strange things afoot?

Moderator: Mods

bec

strange things afoot?

Post by bec »

riku and kieron have started a new thing at bedtime (on the days they actually want to go to bed)
first kieron flys into the cage and assumes his night-time postition
then riku flys in sits on the friut bowl & pulls the door shut and chirps twice as is to say
well we're in lock us up now
well i was stunned to say the least! :shock: :shock: :shock:
unfortunatly not every night but often enough to know that its not the fluke i first thought it was
the first few times id look up & they were in but today i actually saw them do it so i know its not that the door swings shut accidently :D
i know a few people say their fids put themselves to bed but does anyone elses close the door?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Thats adorable!
Well i wish my 2 would do that now. They used to just go into their cages and 'assume the night time position'. But 70% of the time i had to pick Yoda up and put him in his own cage as he would steal Jibbys spot. When they were all tucked up under the wing, .. in theyre own cages, I'd close the door. But... lately they have been stubborn and seem to want to party all night. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

my 2 did that last night no way they were going to bed last night
maybe thats why it was so easy tonight
partied out birdkies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
my_monkey

Post by my_monkey »

how did u teach them lol monkey will sleep anywhere
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

That is so cute bec! I am slowly teaching Gigi bird the command house. When he's out on top of his cage I want to be able to say "House Gigi bird" and get him to go in. He actually did it for me once today. Hoping it's not a fluke. But to have him go in on his own and closed the door? That would be too much to ask!
You should try to get some video of it.
bec

Post by bec »

i dint teach them they just did it one night altho there getting cheeky now theyre more likly to shut the cage & act like they cant get in or escape just when im ready to go to bed
im never quiet sure what they will do but as a rule they are easy to get to bed every second night :roll:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i wish Spit would go to sleep :( lol the past week hes been falling asleep about 9pm. hes in his cage so i dont have the fight of getting him in there. im turning around now and hes running back and forth along his perch all excited and its 11pm!!! hes even been out for a fly today and that usually tires him out. i dunno what to do with him. i go over and he climbs to the front and just looks at me with these massive black eyes (so adorable). hes not being noisy but i feel bad covering him up when hes so awake.

lol its gunna be a loonnng night
leo

Post by leo »

hi...tango will also fight back if i want to put him back to the cage...but he understand the command"go home" and only will do it if i bribe him with sunflower seeds..he is so a schemer !!1

our bird have diffrent kind of personality, thats make it so much fun to taltk about them...jsut like talking about our kida, friend or any other human...

it often makes me lough when i read about the ringyies here...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
bec

Post by bec »

i know what you mean! :lol: i always love hearing all the stories some of us have some real charactors! weve got riku who is a little ham & will do anything foar a "yummy"!
& kieron who seems to want to become a real smoochie bub if he can only overcome the phobia of the big scary hand thingys
i just cant wait to get general home & out of the petshop enviroment & settled in so i can find out what his/her personality is
& before people ask ive already thought & if general is a girl then ill call her jenny so it wont mean a full name change
im heading down to see him & give him some treats so when ive paid him off he will have something familiar when he comes home :)