Coincidence or does he know??

Moderator: Mods

laine

Coincidence or does he know??

Post by laine »

Is this just a coincidence or does Smokey carry a little diary in his back pocket ?? :lol: :lol:

It doesn't matter what my movements are, he always has a bath on Tuesday and Sunday around lunchtime. When I was working, if i came home for lunch he was always drenched as he had bathed in his water bowl. Now that I am home, he is out nearly all day every day and I have given him a big bath out of the cage. He still only uses it on Tuesday and Sunday and both days around lunchtime. What's so special about these days - it's not as if they are divided evenly like bathing every 3 days, it just doesn't make sense. If I try to force a bath or introduce him to any other bath play, he flies away cos he's just not interested.

It prompted me to ask this question as he was bathing today (Tuesday) at lunchtime :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else's bird bath routinely all by themselves?
Lene

Post by Lene »

My 2 bath every day, when I change their water, without fail...
Cheers

Lene
laine

Post by laine »

I change the water every day in all the bowls, but bathing only happens on Tuesday and Sunday (lunchtime) :lol: :lol:
Lene

Post by Lene »

lol... yeah... that's funny... I always think mine should have a drink of it, before bathing in the water.
Cheers

Lene
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Thats funny!! I havnt really noticed if there is a bathing pattern with my 2. Jibs is about twice a week, and Yoda is nearly everyday or every second day. Maybe I should write down the times and see. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker was a dirty bird for a while--he'd hop in his water dish and give himself a bath at most once every week or two. He'd make such a splash that I started giving him a shower twice a week with the spritz bottle, and then he'd get a blowdry with the hairdryer (which he LOVES) when the weather turned cold. About a month ago he started his first big moult and I started giving him a spray shower every day to help with the new pin feathers and now if I forget he hops into the water dish and does it himself, and sometimes even takes an extra bath before dinner. Now that it is warm again no hairdryer, but he does spread his tail and do a dance when he's soaking wet and I say "okay, wet bird--shake your butt!" :lol:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon will shower almost every day when i have a shower, unless its a raining or cold morning and he isnt interested.
Sharlene and Amazon
Kelsey

Post by Kelsey »

I haven't seen my IRN take a bath, but my other birds all take a bath on Saturday afternoons. That's the only day they will take a bath by themselves; if I want them clean during the week I have to take them into the shower with me. I've also wondered if they keep a little planner and watch in their cage to keep track of the days and time. :wink: