riku is fretting her person is sick

Moderator: Mods

bec

riku is fretting her person is sick

Post by bec »

larissa (rikus person) was staying at a friends house last night and was supposed to be staying tonight too but i got a phone ccall to say she was sick when i got there i took one look at her & rushed her to hospital, they never actually found what was wrong with her but calmed the pain & nausea down with medication & sent her home the minute we got in the house riku started screaming so lis went to her room and lay down on her bed riku stood on the top of the cage & demanded food as lis wasnt up to satnding i tried to feed her but every time i tried she took the seed then spat it out then flew a lap of the room dive bombing larissa to get her atteention lis lifted her head and tonight i tried to get the birds to bed but riku just freaked so bad i gave up coz if rikus freaked theres no hope of getting near kieron i just went in & checked them again kierons in his favourite place but riku is on top of the cage facing larssia (as if standing guard)
i was just wondering if this has happened with anyone else ?
Donna

Post by Donna »

I know this is going to sound real stupid but it works trust me!

Talk to the bird and explain to him that she is sick and will be well in a few days. Tell him not to worry. Birds do understand things we tell them.

I just lost a very dear friend in an accident Thursday night, my birds could feel my pain but could not understand why I was feeling so sad. So I sat down with each one and explained in detail what happen and that's why I was sad. They have not made a peep as far as sreaming for my attention or anything they have been good as gold.

Birds are so tuned into our emotions it's not funny.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon has done that when im not well, he would get off his cage and walk to my room, climb of teh bed for cuddles and making sure im ok.
Sharlene and Amazon
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

first of all donna i am very sorry for you loss

cookie is the same the other day i hurt myself badly and was crying cookie flew over and kept trying to preen me and nuzzle me with his beak i told him i was ok and he seemed fine then and left me to my own devices
bec

Post by bec »

thanks all for your replies larissa is now well again & riku is getting back to just telling larissa off for going to school & missing most of the fun part of her day & dive bombing me for not spending the whole day hand feeding her treats donna im sorry for your loss.
from hearing stories about all these bird before i take it that riku freaking coz lis was sick means that riku realy loves her pet kid so ill now accept this as one more sign that the best thing i ever did for my daughter is buy riku for her :D
bec

Post by bec »

oh & by the way donna i dont think it sound stupid at all even if rikus not up to speaking english fully (yet) i swaer she understands every word i say to her
Lila_

Post by Lila_ »

Yeah i totally agree with donna.
they really do understand. when something's wrong they know that they have to be nice and let you cuddle them even if they would rather go do something more fun. they find you and look after you, they really do.

when i'm upset they know, and when i'm fighting with my bf they know and treat him like hes the very devil even though they never hear the arguments. when we make up they go back to stealing his food.
bec

Post by bec »

i think these guys pick up on my mood faster than any other pet i have owned
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh dear.. glad shes feeling better.. funny how they just 'know'. Its very true, in the wild they are 'tuned' in to other sick birds.
When I'm down, Jibby just knows and gives me more attention and cuddles, hes so attentive. Yodas still a bit confused as to why I'm not paying much attention to her/him and just demands attention. When I'm mad and yelling at the man of the house, they sometimes join in, but I think theyve picked up my sarcastic 'Yeeeaaah!!' so whenever there is a raised voice in the house, they start doing the sarcastic Yeeeaaah! hehe I've got backup for arguements! :lol: They also know this is a anger response from me so whenever theyre angry they just say 'Yeeeaaah!'. :evil: Theyve even got the tone right with the emphasized 'Yeee.. AAAH!' Its hilarious. Emotions are shared with birds. :wink:

Donna, I'm so sorry, gosh its been hard on you lately. Take it easy on yourself. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

it is getting realy easy to tell if on of us is unwell these days just by the birdy reactions to us
if im not well
riku will fly down at sit on the back of the couch & chitter to me with her head tilted to one side
general will dive bomb me (and almost touch me :) )
and kieron will stare at me while doing his car alarm immitation
(realy fun when im lying on the couch with a mgraine :roll: )
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: