the voice

Moderator: Mods

leo

the voice

Post by leo »

hallo...

want to ask about rough voice...

what does it mean? tango make the rough voice when he go back to the cage, when i say good morning, good nigth and hallo at the apropriate time...emm, i mean like the 1st time he see me in the day then i sa good morning, he will make the voice...

but it is not like grrrrr...its like "aarrkrr" something like that...
is it talking, ?
in his chatter, its sometimes sound like he is practicing to talki like the 1 in irn.com

anyway...tango recently start chewing my hand again...but i realise he did not pin at all, like treat it like his food...

o, this a little extra thing here...just now i went to library and read about parrot breading big book...

it mentioned that regurating is the early signal of young male parrot to be male? is it correct,? and any female regurate?
is it so? but it mentioned too it is not alwasy right...

thanks, sorry, just to clearifu of what to belief...thanks :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My female IRN regurgitated, eeeewwwww :shock: , on me breeding season just gone. She was only 12 months old and was "practicing" her "come here big boy" on me :? :shock:

:)
leo

Post by leo »

thanks pinkdevil...

anyway...anyone know about the aaaarg voice?

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Lene

Post by Lene »

Paulie often does that... I take it to mean many different things... One is 'come here', another 'leave me alone', 'DON'T put me back in the CAGE!' 'Can't you see I'm busy'... etc. etc.

I think it's their prelude to talking.
Cheers

Lene
Tayyab

Re: the voice

Post by Tayyab »

leo wrote:hallo...

want to ask about rough voice...

what does it mean? tango make the rough voice when he go back to the cage, when i say good morning, good nigth and hallo at the apropriate time...emm, i mean like the 1st time he see me in the day then i sa good morning, he will make the voice...

but it is not like grrrrr...its like "aarrkrr" something like that...
is it talking, ?
in his chatter, its sometimes sound like he is practicing to talki like the 1 in irn.com

anyway...tango recently start chewing my hand again...but i realise he did not pin at all, like treat it like his food...

o, this a little extra thing here...just now i went to library and read about parrot breading big book...

it mentioned that regurating is the early signal of young male parrot to be male? is it correct,? and any female regurate?
is it so? but it mentioned too it is not alwasy right...

thanks, sorry, just to clearifu of what to belief...thanks :lol:

Your parrot, it still very young i guess, it will take it a while to get used to talking, and training its tongue to talk like ours
Ed Loschi

arrkkhh growl sound

Post by Ed Loschi »

My fids do that sound with pinning eys when they are annoyed. I take it as a warning sound meaning 'stop whatever you are doing near me or I'll bite you.'

They do the sound without the pinning eyes when I dry them off after a shower ( I put them into a towel and give them a full body ruffled up feathers dry off)--they do the growl and gnaw the towel.

They each do the sound when someone or another fid gets too close to tail feathers.

And they give that ARRKKHH growl when they are beating the hell out of a toy.

Occasionally the female will give that growl when she is in her cage and she wants to get out but I want her in.

Maybe you have seen other situations when your birds do that growl. Hope this helps.
Oliver and Justin

Re: arrkkhh growl sound

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Ed Loschi wrote:Occasionally the female will give that growl when she is in her cage and she wants to get out but I want her in

this is what oli does ALL THE TIME.

so i guess she thinks she needs out all the time :wink:
-Justin
Lila_

Post by Lila_ »

Dodo does that when i annoy her. its the 'youre looking for trouble!' voice.

she ESPECIALLY does that when im putting her to bed. its because she hates going to bed.

maybe your baby hates it too.

Also dodo is a dna'd female but she barfs at me all the time. the other day she got distracted and forgot to eat what she barfed, and all her spew dribbled out on me. it was so gross.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker has a very obviously displeased growl/screech when he throws a temper tantrum, and a quiet but very distinct growl he lets out any time his tail is accidentally caught or pulled. I instantly check on him when I hear the latter; the tantrums get nothing more than a quiet but firm "we can't hear you when you use that voice."
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Lovy and leepo does all sort of voice, they made the sound as if they got bitten by something but they dont.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Spit makes the arrk noise. EVERY time we talk to him now, he makes this like gurgling squeeky type noise. He's trying to respond to what we say. i ask him "what you doing?" and he either repeats that in his squeaky voice, or he makes the arrk noise lol. its quiet, not like a scream or an angry growl (which he also does). If he asks me what im doing, i tell him lol. so i think hes just trying to do the same when i ask him :) he does it when we say hello, want some dinner, whats wrong etc.

hes forming words though. hes almost saying hello perfectly now instead of his usual tweet, and he can say "whatcha doin" a bit better now too. i think your fid is just trying to reply to you :D
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie used to make that noise when i put him to bed i dont think they like being put away, he regurgitated on his fav ball all the time when he was doing the dance to it all perfectly normal
greeny

Post by greeny »

My birds do this too, especially when there is something they do not like. My Jerri hates all types of paper, newspaper, books, magazines, anything like that. If she sees one she will make that noise. Same for the vacuum cleaner which she also does not like.

Sometimes they will do the Grrrrrr noise, but the other noise is more common.