wht2do??

Moderator: Mods

Marsha

wht2do??

Post by Marsha »

Hi:). I have had Maia for like almost three months now. She eats from our hands, i.e. my mom's, my sister's, other children, and me except she doesn't like my father or my aunt. She doesn't allow us to pet her. i want to try to get her to get onto my finger. She sort of bites at it but not really hard. Sort of like tasting with her tongue. How do i proceed to try to get her onto my finger or do something besides sit on top of her cage and eat all day???
leo

hi

Post by leo »

for me, i will have to find out what is his favourie food,and keep it, i mean those food just is used as treat...so, i will put my finger behind the food, so the bird have to climb to the finger to reach the food...if he get use to finger, usually i play lader with him, use finger, he will step up from 1 finger to another...

it is also good for exercivsing...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Lene

Post by Lene »

I would look into clicker training... That's basically, what Leo suggested... Information on clicker training can be found here:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bird-Click/
Cheers

Lene
Marsha

Post by Marsha »

Thankyou.