Free flying - Tricks

Moderator: Mods

Rami

Free flying - Tricks

Post by Rami »

Hi everyone!
Well, I'm having some questions.
Do you train your IRN recall or free flight?
Do you train your IRN tricks? Wich tricks does your IRN know?

thes few question, just to know more about your birds! :D
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Rami

I clickertrain all my birds. The most important 'trick' I feel is targeting.. From there they learn to step up and from there they learn to come when they're called.

I do not do free flight out doors, although my Corella took himself, and was lost for about a week.

I have harnesses for all the birds, but have yet to train the birds to wear them.
Cheers

Lene
Rami

Post by Rami »

Thank you! I'll start target training. :D
awesome-o

Post by awesome-o »

Hi Lene,

do you think you could please explain the process training your ringneck to 'target' ? Am quite curious!
Owner of 1 ringneck: Charlie
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i also target trained Amazon, i used a chop stick and put it out for him to reach when he touched it i clicked the clicker and he got a treat i started moving the target stick (chop stick) around for him to follow and touch and he got his click and treat.

He can turn around and bow with the target stick but ihave stopped doing theses with him because he is a good bird adn listens and we both dont have time, when im ready he isnt when he is ready im not. but thats ok we work out other things
Sharlene and Amazon
awesome-o

Post by awesome-o »

ahhh ok.. makes sense.. thanks for that :D
Owner of 1 ringneck: Charlie
Lila_

Post by Lila_ »

hey lene when you train your birds to accept the harness will you let us know how?
i ordered some harnesses from aviator for my birds, all the way from the US to NZ and they will not go near them. ive tried all the tricks they tell you to but the birds arent buying it.

i really want to be able to take them to the park nearby but i also dont want to clip their wings because i can see they get so much joy from flying around the apartment.