Talking

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

Talking

Post by celtic_aura »

I was just wondering how much everybody's IRNs talked? I'm not sure if it's because he's in breeding mode or not, but Gigi bird talks/sings/yells/makes noises non stop! He will chitter to himself for 5 or 6 hours straight. I don't mind, unless I'm on the phone or trying to watch TV. Then it's a bit hard to hear. :) It's actually pretty cute. And he's started saying new things. The other day he meowed like our cat. I guess I'm just curious to see if anyone else has a little chatterbox. Or maybe he's so talkative because he's feeling frisky?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My aviary birds chatter amongst themselves throughout the day. Especially at snack time in the afternoon. When they see me, can't shut them up till they get their fruit and veg :)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon has his times when he will chat for a few hours at one time, he practices during the day like you said when tv is on or will sit on my shoulder trying to talk to the person one the phone, most birds have there talking and yelling time some birds are quiet until noone is around
Sharlene and Amazon
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

My IRN, Blue, loves it when we scold our son. As soon as my husband or I get an aggitated or loud voice... Blue chimes in and helps us scold. He also loves loud music or tv. And, of course, every time I talk on the telephone, he feels he MUST be part of the conversation! Haha.
My budgie, Pixie, loves the song Concrete Angel by Martina McBride. So whenever I play it she gets singing loudly and soon Blue joins in. My corgie, Sassy, likes to whine at my IRN and now Blue can whine back and mimmick Sassy's whine perfectly!
greeny

Post by greeny »

My two males talk a lot. talks all the time. The younger one, a female cannot talk yet but I have heard some attempts during her 'practice sessions'. I think IRNs go through a phase where they literally are practicing and then from that they learn to talk. That's how mind did any how.
Lene

Post by Lene »

I find a lot of birds are 'closet talkers' until they have it down pat!
Cheers

Lene
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

My bird started talking when he/she was around 7months old... ever since then he has picked up quite alot of other things but would never talk when i was in the room until around a year when he had it down pat lol. now everytime i walk past his/her cage he'll say "what ya doin" or "hey sexy" lol but says a few other things too.. Birdbird will also copy the lorikeets screeches at 4 am ! :roll: :lol: (not so funny in the mornig but lol) Birdbird also copies my laugh haha. i love it! Also Birdbird jibbers to himself all day lol it really is funny to listen to. :lol:
Reearn nd Birdbird
Michelle

talking

Post by Michelle »

My IRN has never talked. I would LOVE for him to talk, but I don't think he will now because he is almost 4 years old. Should I accept that he won't ever talk??
laine

Post by laine »

I know what Smokey is trying to say but others find it a bit hard until I decipher it. The only really clear speech is Pretty bird Pretty boy Where's the pretty bird and you're so pretty. He also repeats continuously the word pretty. As I said, he attempts lots of other words too. Oh Yeah, he can say my boyfriends name very clear and says it funny Breeeeeeeeeeeett(Brett). Smokey has his practice times and they are always, he thinks, in secret. He practiced all his phrases with the word pretty in it before he would say them out loud. I think some birds are perfectionists :lol: I like to have a sleep in on Sundays, usually Smokey is quiet in the mornings unless its past 9am. Then he starts jibbering and practising. I love lying in bed listening to him, its way too cute. If I am in another room and he starts jibbering, I don't go in, just go closer to listen cos as soon as he knows I am there, he stops. :( So I have learnt to hide and listen.
laine

Post by laine »

I know what Smokey is trying to say but others find it a bit hard until I decipher it. The only really clear speech is Pretty bird Pretty boy Where's the pretty bird and you're so pretty. He also repeats continuously the word pretty. As I said, he attempts lots of other words too. Oh Yeah, he can say my boyfriends name very clear and says it funny Breeeeeeeeeeeett(Brett). Smokey has his practice times and they are always, he thinks, in secret. He practiced all his phrases with the word pretty in it before he would say them out loud. I think some birds are perfectionists :lol: I like to have a sleep in on Sundays, usually Smokey is quiet in the mornings unless its past 9am. Then he starts jibbering and practising. I love lying in bed listening to him, its way too cute. If I am in another room and he starts jibbering, I don't go in, just go closer to listen cos as soon as he knows I am there, he stops. :( So I have learnt to hide and listen.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Hey guys,
I believe Jacques will be 4 years old this May, but he doesn't talk. :( Do you think he will ever talk or should I just accept that it would have happened by now? I love my little guy whether he ever talks or not. But... it would have been awesome if he did. Has any IRN ever started talking late or why do you think he has nevered talked? Thanks.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

hi michelle ( think i spelt your name wrong sorry) i wouldnt worry bout it, if he wants to tlak i guess he will pick it up otherwise nope lol

Amazon only says a few things but he likes to yell and whistle the most every so often its hello, but every tim ehe is praticing people keep goign to talk to him so he stops.

Guess that is what happens when you move into a busy household called mum's.

But weather he talks clearly or not i will still love him
Sharlene and Amazon
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Gigi bird only said "what are you doin" before he came to us a few months ago(he's seven). He has now started saying sweetie, which is what my husband calls him. He will also from time to time, mimic one of our cats. LOL And he has a slew of sounds: car alarm, whoohooo! and several different yells which I am starting to learn the meaning of. He's also mumbling some stuff that will hopefully be clear one day! I'm a big talker myself and am always talking to him or one of the other animals.
Michelle, your little one might surprise you one day, you never know. But just remember, talking or no, he's still your little sweetie!