Lily's progress

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

Lily's progress

Post by Aldeleen »

Hi everybody!! I adopted a new fid about two weeks ago..
Green lady LILY! She is my second IRN and i adopted her from an unwanted home! I was, and still am a bit unsure whether it was a good idea to take her but my heart took control and i consider her my girl :D

Yet, i am very usure about how to gain her trust or as to start making a move to get her to be a bit more friendly-- she is so scared still and flutters around when its feeding time and there is a hand in her cage... I can open the cage--she will walk all around on her cage and sit there-- but ihh word-- just dont put your hand out!! she does attempt to bite, luckily not that much with me more my bf!!! :lol:
She is like a little vulture and is always very interested in whatever we are eating and comes and beggs--- she takes food from your hand very eagerly-- i think that that might be the first doorway as to how i should "make friends" with her! she's had human contact and human presence, shame her wings are completely chopped off!!!

How do you go about tamimg a bewildered fid???? i want to help her to relax and accept us as a loving peacefull home, where nobody will ever hurt her!!!

Does someone maybe have some advise or ideas as to how i can start with her--??? She is not a baby anymore and is propably about 18-24 months ....maybe i should investigate to relocate her to a breeder rather, maybe in a big cage or simething-- will she ever come round to like humans????
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

she'll come round eventually it will take time as she has to adjust to her new surroundings and it will take time for her to build up trust if she has come from a home where she was abused or neglected. just do what your doing let her eat her fav foods from your hand and spend time just talking to her or sitting near her cage. alot of her trust in humans would of been lost especially if her wings are as bad as they sound she probably only has unpleasant memories and it is up to you to help make new pleasant ones although she will never forget her mistreatment. dont rush things with time and patience she will come round.
Lene

Post by Lene »

It looks to me as you're already making progress :D

My mother always told me, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach... I believe it's the same with all other animals... :wink:

Keep up the good work.
Cheers

Lene