hi...is male = female

Moderator: Mods

leo

hi...is male = female

Post by leo »

hi...
in this forum, it is always emphesise that female is equally good as male...
however...testimonial, they say female can hardly make a good pet once they are mature...

anyway, i never heard anybody own an old female IRN...i mean like louren's is 7 yearold male, then got taj, the 10 yearold...
anybody have old female IRN, PET???

is it because male are better pet?

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
nil

Post by nil »

i have 2 females,one 19 and the other 17 yo, but are breeders.
For me females are more double trouble than males,
males are kinder.
I believe that a female may be a good pet but this is more difficult than male one.
leo

hi...thanks lil

Post by leo »

yea...i feel female is best usesd for breadeing...

they are kind of really hard to be a good pet from what i see...

i don't understand why in this site people always say female is equally a great pet as male...

my friends who have male, most likely will love their bird...and all the female owner said, they regrat thet they have IRN,...they are not even fit to be a pet...i really sad to hear that...coz, im a fan of IRN too...

they keep warning me, you gona regrat to own an IRN...

fo rmy opinion, female should only be breader or pet of really expiriance people, if not, IRN reputation can be ruined...

sorry if i offend anybody here, i really sad over the statement given by my friends......
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

I have a 13 year old female and a 5 year old female pets and they are as sweet if not sweeter then my males. My 13 year old talks more than any of them. So don't believe every thing you hear.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

I have a female IRN ... not sure how old, but I do know she is a mature female, she laid 4 eggs for me last year (no male in sight here!) .. she is the sweetest thing, very jealous of ME with the other fids in the house. She doesn't talk, but that's OK, I love her and she obviously loves me!

Don't know why someone would say females should only be breeders ... I've found my Nala such a sweetheart!
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
leo

hi...thanks

Post by leo »

o...can teach me how to get female to be nice
?
really like to help my friend's IRN...
and plus it kinda make me scared tango is female..

i really like to hear IRN as a good pet...

in here...IRN really have a bad reputation, even some say i rather don't have bird than have IRN...

that a little too sadening...
Donna

Re: hi...thanks

Post by Donna »

leo wrote:o...can teach me how to get female to be nice
?
really like to help my friend's IRN...
and plus it kinda make me scared tango is female..

i really like to hear IRN as a good pet...

in here...IRN really have a bad reputation, even some say i rather don't have bird than have IRN...

that a little too sadening...

It doesn't matter weather they are male or female. There is no such thing as a mean bird, we lable them mean when we do not know how to read their body languge or they are not socialized properly when they are very young.

Leo why are you so scared that Tango will turn out to be a female? You have already done very well with Tango and just because she may turn out to be a female does not mean she will turn on you and get aggresive when she gets older. Tango is very bonded to you and will stay that way the rest of his/her life as long as you keep the close interaction going.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
leo

thanks donna

Post by leo »

yea..thats the reason...

my friends said they are nice and bonded really nicely to u, when they start doing sexual behaviour like tilting the head, she will start to get mean...

and it happen reall happen that u cant do anything...
they said thier girl also like tango initially...

i m so bonded with tangois 1 of the reason that make me scared, i cant afford to see tango become wild and mean...

i wan tango to stay nice...

thats y, i take early precaution...
Donna

Post by Donna »

Leo I don't think you should be worried about what your friends say about female IRN's. They are just people of many who have had a bad experience with a bird and then think they are all like that. You and I know this isn't true at all.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Lovy is female and she is a perfect gurl! My uncle own a 21 year old female ringneck, and she acts like little angle, especially to male.
leo

hi, thanks guys

Post by leo »

hi, giant foottruck, kalo di indo indian ringneck namanya apa?

trus harganya berapa?

hmm...i was asking him, what IRN called in indonesia and how much was it?

thanks alot donna...is there anyway i can help my friend to retame their girls...

they seems to be almost inthe same situation...bite and loner!

really want to help them, so that atleast IRN reputation here will be better
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hi leo di Indonesia ringneck bisa dibilang semacam burung betet, tapi enga tau yang sebenarnya sih... harga nya paling rp 300.000 satu ekor, seharga burung nuri..
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Leo

I don't know where you've heard that females are not good pets... Do a search on the net, and you'll find they're just as good as males...

I know you love clicker training... Get your friends to do it... but start showly with target training.

One more thing: If you expect your bird will bite, it probably will! :)
Cheers

Lene
leo

hi...

Post by leo »

rp. 300.000, mura banget, disini S$ 200-400 lo...whaaa...haha

o, hi lane...

tell you the truth, i do reseach on IRN far long ago since even before i had tango, about 5 years ago...and no doubt, everywhere said the same, female = to female...but can you 100% believe what you read?

there is alot of funny + "got nothing to do" people outhere writing nonsense to mislead beginers...including me

u asked me from where i read, i don't read, its life expireiance...i saw my friends' female IRN is a long lost baby to be a nasty biter ! and male IRN being so sweet...making me think female IRN hard to be a good pet, and make me afraid that tango become bad...

i tried, but only work for 1 out of 4 IRNs...and rthe resoult not so good too...

they ignore the treat completely and concentrate on attacking...any suggestion?

thanks
Donna

Post by Donna »

Leo you can advise your friends to work with their bird like you have done Tango but for you to try to tame this bird yourself it will not work.
I'm often asked to tame a bird and then give the bird back to original owner and I have to say no. I can't tame a bird and then expect that bird to behave for the owner. The bird will eventually bond with me and if taken back to the owner will start biting them all over again.
What you need to do is tell your friends to do exacly what you have done with Tango. Tell them this has to be done every day. The bird has lost trust in them for some reason and it's not because it reached sexual maturity. If your friends do not want to take the time to retame it then you suggest you take the bird and keep it and you tame it for yourself.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Lene

Post by Lene »

Here's a link for you, Leo..

http://www.indianringneck.com/myth/
Cheers

Lene
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

I thought that females dont make as good pets as mlaes do.

The only reason i think theis was i was talking to an alexandrine breeder and they said this.

And i bet in some cases this is true

and some it is not.

Females i do beilve though can tend to be a little bit more cocky cause they rule the males.

You all may have your opinion of what i said and quite frankly i dont care.

Just wanted to say this.
-Justin
leo

thanks lene

Post by leo »

hi,thanks lene, but what i mean is real life expiriance, like donna's, i read the whole IRN.com alot of times...but only doubt about the statement male=female...sorry...i was asking for too much...but what i need is not
http://www.indianringneck.com/myth/
!!!
i need real life expiriance likewhat donna give me...lene, do you have old nice sweet and loving female IRN pet?

thanks oliver, i think about the ruling, the female will end up wanting to rule u as she will think you are the male?

thanks
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Not oliver its justin hahahaha

yes that is what i think female will try to rule you since its sorta you "mate"
-Justin