all balot tango recentlu...seeking for advise

Moderator: Mods

leo

all balot tango recentlu...seeking for advise

Post by leo »

higuys...is lutino IRN supose to look like flurosent(i don't know how to spell it) colour in certain angle under sunlight?

tango look like light florosent green colour in certain angle when he s under sunlight, the tail look orange...i dono weather other lutino has it?

is feeding mate is the task of male?
few ays ago, tango swing his head to my watch, then pul it back with the wing open heart shape and eye pined...then he shake his head and vomit something, then swolow it back as he recovered his position into normal pose...is itmale behaviour...to what i see, he has round face and low beak, like female, he is about 4-5 month old...

there are alot of wildIRN here...
that time i was suning tango after bath, then a male gray green(like oliver)come from the tree (the group remain int eh tree)and start dancing around tango cage...male dance...tango dont even give him a glance or a chip..he acted like nothiing happen...

is this all about tango is normal..??.coz i think, alone parrot will react to another parrot, especially when they are of same species,...may be unless tango did not know that he is a parrot...haha...thank for your advises guys....
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
skibum

Post by skibum »

firstly, tango is only a baby, so you wouldn't want him/her to react - you don't want a pre-teen pregnancy on your hands! :lol:
Would a random parrot take care of the babies? etc etc etc...

Plus of course it seems Tango does the male dance, so unless he bats for the other team....

I have found that most IRN's look almost fluorescent - particularly males and particularly when a vivid colour like green. Pastels might not be quite the same, but basically it is the different colours and hues reacting in different light - some feathers have more colour than others - that give the effect.

Note is an effect, not actually fluorescence - unless Tango has been working with plutonium recently!!

As for feeding question - I don't know, but particularly after cleaning they seem to do that regurgitation action so maybe they are a bit dry and trying to get some moisture into their mouths. A guess at best - I used to think they were choking a bit once..
leo

about feeding

Post by leo »

tango does the vomiting action when he is near my watch...

does female do feeding action? so far i saw only male do it...

he will bob his head, pin and food comeout from the mouth...

last time my confirmed male love bird did it too...

thanks alot
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

My understanding is that when they regurgitate food on you it means they consider you their mate. At least that's what I've been told.
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Our birds just like shiny objects, lol. They'll sing and tap them while doing their little dances. xD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

hi...thanks alot

Post by leo »

i notice tango head and face is really fatand round after justin pointed the fact...

but i saw him do male dance more and more to any other object like pillow, books, braclet...untill a few days ago

i come home, tango jump around like a wild bird(wild bird that are just get caught)...scared of everything,he just thras around liek a mad bird...

i was puzzled too...
last 3 nites, tango screemed like hell, i run out to checked...guys, guess what...a big rat is hunting tango outside his bar...he screems couse his tail get coaught by the rat...i bring tango sleep with me at that night...
in the morning, i got a trap and caught the rat...

after 2 days, he get much calmer eventhough become much more alert and easily shocked than usuall...but much better than the accident time...

last nite
another rat attack...!!!!!!!!

now he is so much worse than any time...he will not pin, or attack but just bang aorund the cage...his wing bleed as he broke the feather...

any advise please....

thanks alot
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leo

thanks julie

Post by leo »

but im living in a flat...here are a little cramp, no hug in the cailing...

putting in the high place really cant help, rat can climb and jump rather well...the time being i move tnago to my room, so i sleep without air-cond...

caught another rat just now...
may be there are some more to go...so i guest i just see whats going on...

any advice to help with his traume please?
thanks alot...
Donna

Post by Donna »

Leo your going to have to keep Tango's cage and around the floor super clean now. The rats know where the source of food is coming from. Clean all seed droppings in cage and floor at least twice a day. Rat poison and traps all over. When you put him to bed at night take his food out and make sure he has clean papers in bottom of cage. Leave his water in. He can go all night without food without any problems. I hate rats and mice and they are no good around birds.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Bella

Post by Bella »

Donna wrote:I hate rats and mice and they are no good around birds.

:o :o :o :o thats only wild rats i hope :)
Donna

Post by Donna »

I'm very glad I don't know any rats wild or tame.

Sorry but I can't help how I feel towards them :( I hate them all and nothing is going to change that anytime soon :twisted:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Bella

Post by Bella »

Donna wrote:I'm very glad I don't know any rats wild or tame.

Sorry but I can't help how I feel towards them :( I hate them all and nothing is going to change that anytime soon :twisted:

Donna

have you ever given a pet rat a chance tho they are amazing
leo

after the war

Post by leo »

i read from indonesian farming solution...the solution is:

i caught the rat and put it in a small cage...
then make a very thick sugar solution or condense sweet milk...pour it all over the rat...all over...then let the rat go...try to let it free stright to the hole...i live in 5 floor apartment, and the hole is just under my apartment...so i did that...

its to invite ants to attact the rat colony....
i heard my neighbour start complaning about rats too...

i hope it works...as i can't possibly catch and kill all the colony of rats....

anyway...tamed pet rat is cute and friendly...from what i know they are even friendlier than some species of hamsters...

but, in any way...i don't like to keep rothen family...hehe...

thanks for the advice....tango sleep with me for the time being...the cage is located in my room...my landlord comlaining liek hell, but who cares... haha...anyway...is there any tips to cure the fear in him now...his tail is grabbed and the longest feather broke...thats ahy he is so in trauma now...

any advice please...
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i had the same problem as you but with bush rats which are big and scary they weren't trying to get cookie though but were scaring him at night and getting into our cupboards had to use big rat traps. but if they are smaller there is a product used for roaches and mice its a big sticky pad you put some nuts or whatever in the middle and when the mouse or rat goes to get it they get stuck. wont work with big ones. otherwise put rat baits in areas where your bird cant get them we put ours in the cupboard cause they open them and eat stuff once they ingest it they will go back and die.
skibum

Post by skibum »

ooh rats...yuk!!
ha! I know there are some lovers of them out there - and I must admit I had a few "pet" ones at school a mate & I used to let into places they weren't supposed to be.. :lol:
...and they used to come to us when we called.
Anyway, put the cage on something - I am surprised i haven't had even a mouse problem with Ziggy cos he chucks his food everywhere and I don't have time to clean every day. However it is always in the back of my mind.
Mind you, no mice...what is eating the mice...???
No cats here... (I sh...- no I don't)
heh heh

Basically, keep the cage somewhere where a rat can't get to it - up high if you can so they can't climb - and hopefully can't jump.

If need be, leave all the food mess where Tango's cage isn't. The rats will go there instead.

As for getting over the trauma of it - Tango will. Is only young and will take a while, but Tango will. You don't want to get him/her too used to sleeping with you unless you want to keep it that way - which isn't a bad thing. Sod the landlord!! Your bird is more important!

Years ago my budgie fought off a cat long enough for me to rescue it.

I won't tell you what happened to the cat.......

...and yet it re-visited several days later and started purring and rubbing along my leg. Cats eh? Stupid.
Bella

Re: after the war

Post by Bella »

leo wrote:
anyway...tamed pet rat is cute and friendly...from what i know they are even friendlier than some species of hamsters...

Yeah rats are far better than hamsters if your looking for a pet with personality you can train a rat and they will do tricks for anything sweet lol my older rat is amazing he comes when he is called he will lay on the sofa with us for ages getting a fuss and now hes taking care of our new baby rat who is ill but i agree wild rats are not nice just some people think that pet rats are like wild rats but i agree wild rats suck. Is there no way you can block the way they are getting into your appartment.
leo

thanks

Post by leo »

i feel all the way is block, but they are smater than me...hehe...

but, so far...there is no attack...mice are very smart, they can take revange...its what asian believe...

we believe that wild elephant, and rat are somehow smarts and secret here...they support it with a numbers of true story...

they take revange!!!

there is no way i can hang tango...really...for nao...i cant hendle him...he is really crazy about it...

but clicker training help abit...

i mean i just used it today...it help abit...
i dont actually use clicker, i just make the sound by stroking middle finger against tumb....

sory...to mention about clicker again
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Leo can I know which country are you living right now? just wondering when you said something about "wild" ringneck...

Anyway this is what we do when we see some rats in our basement (Our house in Indonesia), we trapped one of them, cut its tail off, and it never came back again not even the other rats, it really worked, I knew it from somebody I forgot who it is and it actually worked.
It may sound stupid but its worth trying...

Rat are smart by the way, no wonder why they used it in laboratory..
leo

hi...

Post by leo »

halo...

im living in singapore...yea...there are alot of IRN, cocatoo, and lories, humming bird, stalk, kingfisher, etc,etc here....

its a very clean country...but place which is occupied by rat is really alot of rat, eventhough it is clean...
Bella

Post by Bella »

Rats are generally very clean animals they get dirty to eat and survive so it doesnt matter dirty or clean. Pet rats are super clean mine clean themselves when people touch them as they feel they are dirty :roll: . The only idea i have is make a wooden pen around the cage thats too high for them to climb and no holes to get thru nothing around so they can jump over and make sure it cant be pushed or move as they are very strong you need to make sure that there are no smells that attract them as they have an amazing sense of smell. In england we have something you plug into the electric and it keeps rats flies ants and things like that away from your property i dont know if you have anything similar there.
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

I know here in Canada you can buy a device that emits a very high frequency sound that we can't hear but drives rodents crazy! People who live in the country or have cottages in my province use them. I don't know what it's called but it just plugs in an electrical outlet. Has anyone else heard of these? I don't think it wold hurt your IRn's little ears, but I'm not sure, so you'd want to research it. Might be something to look into.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

julie wrote:we breed rats, but they are snake food not pets.

My B/F keeps reptiles to julie :) Actually we are not that far from you, near Orange in the Central West.

:)
leo

hi there

Post by leo »

hi...today there is nothing happen to tango, no other rat attacks...

but tango strangely go backto its original self...i don't understand why...
yesterday he was like wild bird, but today, become real tango...

is it got something to do with thetrainng i gave yesterday ?

anyway,....

whaaa...im so happy!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Bella

Post by Bella »

Thats great to hear :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leo

hi guys

Post by leo »

hi...tango feather start to come out...what a relief...
but he still droping his feather :(

he look dam fluffy and smelly...
hebecome scared of water...i don't know whay...

all method have been tried...

any advise?

thansk