hi, i need help for this 'typical' IRN problem...thanks alot

Moderator: Mods

leo

hi, i need help for this 'typical' IRN problem...thanks alot

Post by leo »

this few days, tango mood has been down...he flies alot,eventhouhg he comeback to me again, he will fly as soon as he reach me...he did it for times...

because of that, his attention is soooo poor...he cant sit stand and pay attnetion....for that, i will show him the reward,when he seems to be interested abit, then start training, eventhough short, its beter than nothing...

then, he bites, previousely,he understand the word"no biting" really well...but, he seems to ignore the command , at that point, i will turn away the bitten finger and firmly said no biting, then give him my finger again, if he bite again, i will repeat the same thing...if he doesn't i will prise him with smile...it seem working, but the biting problem will comeback later when i took him out again...

previousely i mentioned he like to sit on top of my keyboard and did nothing, now, hw loves to pluge of the keys...thats so not tolerable...but i cant't think of any solution for that, i will just remove him, then close my laptop, so, he cant sit there anymore....i hope thats way he can think that if he bite the key, he don't get to sit there anymore...

thats what i do...not much result shown yet,...eventhough got result, its not permanent and problem will comeat another playing section...

did i do correctly? any advise please...thanks alot
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
leo

hey

Post by leo »

hey...please reply...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
rocketsmummy

Post by rocketsmummy »

hi leo,
i am not experienced in birds as im only learnning,but having said that im very experienced with children lol and i think irns are like rebelious teens!
maybe your birdie is testing his boundries and your paitents :shock: . as far as the keys on your puter go i think hes prob sat up on the screen long enough to watch what your fingers are doing and he thinks its a great trick! :D
just a thought , as i said im not expert :roll:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Sounds like you are doing ok. Of course the best way to deal with biting, is to completely ignore it, as you probably already know. They are exactly like rebel teens! :D They want to push the limits. They want you to break down, so they can get what they want... they only get smarter at it too, so it doesnt surprise me that he does not respond to NO, he probably knows he can get away with it. At first a firm NO stopped Yoda, now he just looks at me and 'argues', then does what ever he was doing again with a cheeky little mumble, like hes saying something behind my back! The cheek they give us sometimes! I think persistence is key. After some time they get the idea, just have to keep showing him that biting/chewing is not appropriate behaviour. Just remember to act like the bite doesnt harm you, act like you didnt even feel it and proceed with handling him, or turn your back and walk away.
Also they get a little 'attitude' when they can fly. This only adds to his 'dominating' behaviour. Wouldnt you if you had wings! hehe. This is why a wing clip when in the first few years of learning is a good idea. If you want him to fly, you might have to work a little harder with him. Keep it up leo! You'll get there.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year