Taming a 3 y/o

Moderator: Mods

Pommeraniac

Taming a 3 y/o

Post by Pommeraniac »

I just bought a 12 y/o Turquoise male and a 3 y/o female. They live in the same cage and love each other very much. They preen each other and snuggle together all the time. The were aviary birds. The male is very very tame and comes out and spends time with me, however, the female is very wild. I have to let her fly out of the cage, then approach her. I cannot touch her as she would just as soon take a chunk out of my finger than look at me. Is it possible to tame a 3 y/o IRN? I have two males and they are just the sweetest birds... Is there any hope for this female to become tame?

Pommeraniac
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i am no expert but if she has never been tame probably not if she once was then maybe with alot of patience and time she may become tame
Donna

Post by Donna »

Your female has bonded with her male chances are you will never get her tame if they are together in the same cage. Females are more fickel then males when it comes to taming a wild bird.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
leo

hi, maybe

Post by leo »

maybe you can feed the male with hand or play woth the male infront of the female, and let her know that she can thrust you...then, you can slowly heed the female...last time, that method work for budgie...male tame, female untame...

good luck...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

i agree - try giving the male tons of positive attention so the female gets curious about you or at leasts will eventually be less threatened by your presence
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

Welcome to the world of having 2 Birds who are in Love. I also have 2 birds that are in love. I have had them for 1 year now and the Female will step on my hand sit on my shoulder and be contented. He is a different story, will still not come to me, has done but will not do it freely. He is better than he was but I still have a long way to go. I will be the winner it is only a matter of time.