Male dance question?? Help!

Moderator: Mods

MGA828

Male dance question?? Help!

Post by MGA828 »

I have a 7 month old male (was DNAed) and I think he might be trying to do the male dance and then another part of me thinks it could be something else.

Hmm - not really sure. Could someone please explain to me exactly what the male dance would look like? Also, he is 7 months old and has recently started doing this, so could you also explain to me what the male dance would look like when they first start to try it? I assume they don't do it fully and perfectly right away.

Thanks - any help would be great!!!!
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie puts his beak on the ground runs backwards around his toy puts top part of wing out then hops more sits on toy and taps with beak its so funny will do it for ages :roll:
Clare

Post by Clare »

My bird does the dance to everything!! Toys, perches, his ladder. He stands tall and puts the tops of his wings out and moves his head to each side of whatever he is dancing to, and pins his eyes. Sometimes he jumps towards whatever it is first.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

From my observations, they are all a little different. Basically looks like they are in a trance of some sort, jumping around and showing off. My 7 year old waves/arches his head around a circular motion and makes 'hmm.. hmm' sounds and clicking sounds with his beak. He also spreads his wings and runs his beak along a perch or floor. My 1 year old spreads his wings and runs along perches or the floor too. Some males jump or hop around excitably but I havnt seen mine do it. :? Maybe someone has a good video of their male dancing?
birdlover4life

Post by birdlover4life »

My 6 mths old Blue IRN Skye is doing a sort of dance mentioned above.... does it mean he is male??? :)

Skye taps his beak on the glass table (at his own reflection) and opens the tips of his wings in the form of a heart, swinging his head and moving around.

What do the female IRNs do...?? :?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Here's some vids in another topic lying around here. :D

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2960
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

lol .. wow .. I remember when my username was angie and I posted those vids, gosh it seems so long ago now .. sigh! :roll: could reinstate it now, but then everyone would be so confused. The boys have really grown up since then.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

my irn belived to be a boy will put his wings out and pin and swing back and fourth and up and down and sometimes will hope with his wings open excited like lauren said

but mainly he will open his wings in the heart shape and pin his eyes and either bow his head or get a long neck and move back and fourth and up and down :lol:

Hope that helps
-Justin
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

God I am so new to all of this and the terminology. Male dancing.....what does it mean? My newly adopted 7 year old does what I thought was manic pacing from one of his perches to the side of the cage and back. Also does back and forth and side to side head movements. Does this mean he's feeling, um, frisky? Sigh. I really need to do more reading on the little fella.
skibum

Post by skibum »

probably (frisky)

actually my now 13-14 week old baby does it. Particularly to bright objects, ends of bars etc. Would have thought a bit too young but you never know.

Max (boy) used to do it a lot to the same sorts of things. All stretching and posing, pinning eyes, wings out, swaying backwards, forwards, left & right.

It looks classic!! :lol:
Alawyy96

Re: Male dance question?? Help!

Post by Alawyy96 »

Well, I used to had on it's age about 5 to 6 years used to dance the same way on everyting & make some clicking voice, the funny thing that when it was setting on the top of my head, it change itself into giant ball of feathers & keep dancing on my hair like he is praying !
SunniDai

Re: Male dance question?? Help!

Post by SunniDai »

Oscar's previous owner must have had a cat. When Oscar does his wing-out-head-down-eyes-pinned dance, he also makes a noise that sounds JUST like a cat meowing low. And he hops from one spot to right in front of Luna. Trying to show her what a stud he is lol. He's quite the little charmer.
Dana
~Dana