baby behaviour

Moderator: Mods

leo

baby behaviour

Post by leo »

hmm, my tango, lut IRN, 13 week old, like to attack his toy bell, i mean like lounge to it and the wing is open abit...bit far lesser than male display wing open...
he did it when he is alone in the afternoon and occasionally when im about to leave the house...is it okay?

he dont react to mirror at ALL....

at wat age we can see the birt react to mirror?

so far i know IRN start talking abt 8 month and >

but i heard funny funny noises in the morning, really like he is trying to say something and the tone resembled my prise to him"good baby" and some resembled the way i call him, and tose noise followed by some natural noise i think...

is it posible that he learn talking at such an early age?

he is the youngest ang the noisiest (mumble to himself, not shouting)among the group of IRN baby in the bird mart, that time, he was 7 week old...thansks for the advises and answer....
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
julie

Post by julie »

when indie had his bell in the cage he would attack it right before he ate his diner and then every time he would go back for more he would grab the swing and bring his head back with it so it would be swinging while he ate.
Meika and spike are in the same cage at the moment and one of them mumbles something but we aren't too sure what it is at the moment, they are both only a few months old.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Parrots begin speaking whenever they want to. Some never talk, others are practically talking before they are fully weaned. Talking comes on an individual basis.

As for attacking his toy, that's pretty normal. Most bird I know have at least one toy they like to attack- my IRN Hane too. He beats it when I leave. :)

Mirrors might not interest him. Hane doesn't seem to care for them, neither does Tsume. But we also never gave them mirror toys (didn't want to encourage aggression or narcissism). :wink:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

hi

Post by leo »

thanks melika and julie...

so far he is good...yup...he love to fly...the 1st thing he do after the cage is open is to fly...but after free about 2 minute, he will return to me...

if i was not wrong, i read quiet a few say their baby are wild outside the cage...
i think its becoz IRN is super active bird...
he has to burn off energy...so its okay to let them have short exercise daily...
but it is not okay if it become wildness....

my expiriance...let the birdy fly, ignore him, after he satled, call his name excitedly(my case i clap my hand...when i did it, tango run to me, not walk)
, when he come to u, reward him...

don't go after the bird...he will play you out...playing chasing with them is never easy...it will become a bad habit and create mind set for them like human will come to me, so, i don't need to go for them..i think so...

anyway, i just own IRN for about 1 month+, so, any mistake, please advise...hehehe...thanks alot

thats how my baby wildness outside cage being solved...hope it helps others with similar problem
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Melika

Post by Melika »

Sounds to me like you're doing just fine. You're right in not training your bird how to play "tag" by chasing him. And also the reward for coming to you. You're doing a great job. :D

And flying is alright, like you said, as long as they don't become mean about it. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

hi...please help

Post by leo »

i just just come home from bird shop buying cuttle fish bone...very diffrent from usuall...tango don make noise at all...i mean even any sound...i took him out...he look abit crangky...but he don't make sound at all...now is already 15 minute ...he dont make any sound at all...in the morning, he is fine...is he okay now?
whaaaa...i don't know what happent to his throat...i only feed him on carrot, pellet and seed today...he still eating and doing everything now..except making sound...even when i call his name...he gone all silent...

please help
Melika

Post by Melika »

It could be possible that something in his environment changed, and he's a little scared. If so, he would look very thin with his feathers pressed close to his body.

If he isn't afraid, then he probably doesn't feel like saying anything. Of course, this isn't unusual for Hane. Our birds are generally quiet. Just keep an eye on him. If this continues all day, then it could be a medical problem. But it is likely he just has nothing to say. Fifteen minutes isn't a long time for a bird to be silent at all. :)

I don't think it's a problem with his 'throat', so don't worry about that.

And don't stress out. If he senses that you are anxious, he could pick up on that and be scared himself, which will make him quiet. ^_^
leo

thanks alot

Post by leo »

thanks alot melika...

i hope nothing happen...he really freak me out...hi feather is not tight to the body...

jus now he make a verry little sound...but it sound so rough...really really rough and look he having difficulties and pain making that sound...he sat on my shlulder and was playign with my hair...before i go off...is it posible that he swallow my hair and it stuck at the throat?

really sorry...but im really worried...thanks alot...
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

can he breathe ok if he isnt gasping or anything shouldnt be anything in throat cookie is often quiet for hours at a time sometimes he doesnt stop chattering others he wont say a word could just be tired or something i wouldnt worry too much if he gets worse take him to the vet
leo

hi...becarefull

Post by leo »

he breath well but he issoundless till night...i was busy preparing for my exam...and didn't wan to force tango to squak...it looks painfull for him...

the nexk morning, still soundless...i saw him trying to vomit something...

there is long hair coming out of his mouth...im very sure its not mine, mine is short...

anyway, it ried to help him pull it out...but it's stucked...

i took about 1/5 teaspoon of cooking oil and feed him...next minute, i slowwly pull and push the hair and it came out...after i come home from school, he become a noisy tango again...

i'm not really sure how the hair can get swallowed, but, it is what happen...the oil method, coz i think oil can lubricate the hair and smoothen the puuling out...what i think, let the bird playing with your hair is not a good idea...even tango got it from floor i think...
Melika

Post by Melika »

Wow- I'm glad Tango is alright! Good work, getting the hair out. It's strange what these guys can get into. :shock:
leo

yup

Post by leo »

thanks...ya, its really funny to watch what they do to get what they want...but sometimes are really dangerous...