Don't know what to do with my IRN

Moderator: Mods

Billiboi

Don't know what to do with my IRN

Post by Billiboi »

Hi,

I've got some problems regarding my IRN's behaviour, and I don't really know what I can do about it.

I have bought a larger cage for him and decorated with a lot toys, but he is still fairly restless and wanting to come out. When I let him out, he will just staring outside the windows, and fly around even smash himself on the window. So I have to lock him inside his cage... Regarding this issue, should I just drop down the curtain to prevent him from smashing himself? Or should I just let him spend more time in the cage? :? :?

Thank you.
sanjays mummi

Re: Don't know what to do with my IRN

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have bamboo blinds, and Sanjay has never bothered about the windows, so yes, you need some sort of curtain or blind as a deterrent, you cannot keep him caged all the time, that would be cruel. When we had a house with patio doors, wild birds would fly into them, and one or two died from injury, so we bought a muslin curtain, after that it didn't happen again.
Billiboi

Post by Billiboi »

Thanks for your reply :)

Yeah, locking him inside would be bad. I've also thought that keeping the curtain down would be better.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You both need daylight, so I hope it won't make the room too dark.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I agree a light curtain made of muslin or even lace would be fine. The bird can land on it and hang there, so if it's lace you have to be able to go take him off the curtain. If he won't let you, then don't do lace - the claws can get stuck in it. He will want to fly to the window because of the light, but he will be able to see it's not passable because of the curtain.
-MissK