train the baby

Moderator: Mods

leo

train the baby

Post by leo »

[img]

hi...i just got an 7 week old baby....he was adorable...
i was wondering does anyone know how to make the baby wana lie on its back...it like playing dead trick...

the pet shop keeper say that the bird is male as the 2 bones at the bird 'anus' are tight and close together...is that true?

thanks alot[/img]
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

how long you had your baby for, i wouldnt try to much at firstif you havent had your baby for too long, you should do trust games with it first.

As for the pet shops idea on it being a boy or girl i wouldnt take that word for it the only way i know to tell if male or female are DNA testing or a ring when they are bout 2-3 and their are some things that breeders can work out like the head etc.
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: No, I wouldn't take the pet shop seriously. Only way to tell is through DNA or wait for them to reach maturity.
As for tricks.. time.. patience.. trust. Don't put a time limit on it. One step at a time and when your baby is ready you can try tricks. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
greeny

Post by greeny »

I think it depends on the bird. I have one that lies on his back - he is just so relaxed I was able to put him on his back and he was just fine. Another one of mine will never, ever be able to do that, even though he is so tame. He hates it. Some birds are good for this trick and some are not.

I would not push him, just let him show you what kind of bird he is and be happy with that.

As for judging the gender - I had a breeder tell me I was buying a girl bird b/c those bones were wider. Two years later I found out she was a HE. He's the sweetest bird! But cannot judge boy or girl by those bones.