Sleep habits

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Sleep habits

Post by Lauren »

Last few days, Yoda seems to prefer to sleep upside down, yep.. upside down! clinging to the cage, instead of perching. During the day, he will hang upside down from anything he can hang from like a bat and seems to stay like this for a long time. Something wrong here? Or is he just a lil bit odd? He looks so funny sleeping like this but I'm just worried he might be scared of something or something just isnt right? I cannot find out why he does this! :? During the day he seems playful. But sleeping like this, its a bit odd!
Oh and he seems to go into a trance/zombie like state upside down too. :shock: Anyone seen this? I thought it was quite funny. But now I'm worried!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

I don't think you need to worry, all though I would get Yoda DNA tested. Every time you decribe an odd behavior it sounds like they are display sexual behaviors. I have seen this hanging upside down in a hypnotic state in my males. Just something to think about.

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
nil

Post by nil »

its ok to stay and sleep upside down.
i have see it before many times with different birds.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

*Phew* Thanx for the replies. I freak out too much when it comes to the fids. hehe. I wonder if the blood rushes to their little heads like it does when we hang upside down? Maybe they just like the feeling of being upside down? LOL.
I think I'm still going to wait it out with Yoda. I'm soo sure he's male. But who knows. Only another year or so to go. :roll:
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

I demand photo's!!!!!!!!!
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Mum was supposed to leave the camera here last weekend but she left with it still. I was looking forward to showing you all some videos with SOUND. :wink: Next time she comes down which is nearly every 2 weeks, I will steal the camera off her. hehe. Or I could just use the phone camera, but its really bad quality for pics. :( Soon! I promise. Its been a long time since I even took pics of the fids.