Fighting birds

Moderator: Mods

Thomasm90

Fighting birds

Post by Thomasm90 »

Me and a Friend of mine got two birds from the same family, i am not sure but i think that they are brother and sister... anyways, we have the birds in the same cage sometimes when i stay at his house for some time. And they start screaming and biting eachother but my question is if it's real or just playing. i't looks scary cause they're pupils gets really small and big all the time. is there someone who can tell me if we should keep them in the same cage.? they where seperated when they where 4 months old, and we got them 2 months ago, and they have not seen eachother since they where seperated. So please respond. Thanks :)
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Tell you the truth i think you should have them in different cages, they could kill each other by accident but it could happen.

Try different cages and let them out to play with each other while under your watchful eye, then they go back to their own cages.
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Please separate them. They could kill. You can still have them close to one another, in separate cages so they can have time to bond. Not all will get along. Up to the birds whether they work out their differences or not. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
nil

Post by nil »

i am agree with the previous, immediately seperate them.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Definately separate them. It doesn't take but a second to injure each other and just because they are siblings doesn't mean they will get along.

My pair had babies, I took to hand raise. If I introduced them to the parents again now, they would not think twice about killing them to protect their territory. You can spend time introducing birds to each other to becoming acustom to each other but even then, you must always monitor them, there is no guarantee that even the best of buddies won't have a bad day with each other and do injuries.

:roll: Just one of those things with IRN's unless they end up bonded pairs. Like my mickey and kai, even then they have little scraps sometimes.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless