Strange posture

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

Strange posture

Post by Aldeleen »

I have a IRN- Pi-Ko- he has just turned one...

Pi-ko has this strange behaviour, when i look at him or call him, he drops his wings, keeping then stightly away from his body and then does this funny walk, talks and then pins his eyes!!

He only does that with me and repeats this every time. Pi-ko is very tame and i can handle him easily but i dont know whats up with that?

Pi-ko also dont pa much attention to toys at all and the most reaction i get is an angry reaction and he then removes all the toys form his cage in a rage! He is generally independent and does his own thing around the house. Does he just not like toys-- i dont know.......?
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

he's prety much oisturing for you - or displaying

showing off his manly physique and tough-guy-ness!

my irn fred does not like toys either he's a food man - but one thing fred really loves is when i set up a "forage maze" for him - hiding treats in different ways all over and around his play gyms - this keeps him occupoed and is pretty much the only thing he "plays"

good luck!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Hes doing the 'man dance'. My 1 year old does this to my 7 year old. Its so funny!

Some can be fussy with toys etc. My Jibby doesnt like toys either. He will only touch his bell that hes had for the last 7 years! But my Yoda plays with anything I give him. Just all in the personality. I'd still provide toys for stimulation. Maybe one day he might get in the mood to play with them! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Thank you so much for the replies--- makes me want to giggle when you say"man-walk" shame man.. thats adorable!!!

Will he then carry on doing this as he gets older--?
Also im feeling very broody and would LOVE to get another baby, but i dont know how Mr. Pi-ko would react to a friend and scared that he would feel a bit threatened-- what time is the best to indroduce a new member? Do they generaly get along with other species like conuers?

The "Forage maze" is an excelent idea THANK-- i will put my thinking cap on and come up with some things for him!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

You will see 'the dance' throughout his life. Its also the mating dance. Thats if he is a he! When young they can fool you! :?

I'd be very careful introducing 2 birds. Not all birds will get along, others will enjoy company. Its all up to the birds. If they decide they don't like each other they could do alot of harm to one another especially different species. Always have a 'quarantine' period when bringing home a new bird. Keep them separate and slowly introduce them under close supervision. :wink:
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Yes no that would be disasterous and i certianly dont want to harm any bird! I just think that Pi-ko is somedays a bit lonely, im at work during the day and live by myself so he doesnt have much company-- only see him in the late afternoon and then we play but i mean then the day is almost over! And like i said- he's not fond of toys so i really dont know what he gets up to during the day there in his cage.... it worries me!

but i will deffinitely get another INR if i do get another baby :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Maybe a friend isnt a bad idea. But just keep them separate if you do. Some people have some wonderful stories of their IRNs and other birds. Mikaelas Baby is in love with her tiel Peaches! :lol: Unfortunately, my Jibby never got along with tiels. Just depends on the bird. :wink:

:lol: I often wonder what they get up to aswell!
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Just a smaller version incase someone missed iT!

The "man-walk" hehhehe
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hehe, again.. I love it!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

hehe that is ADORABLE!!!! Yes its the man-walk!!! So funny I can't stop sniggering!!! :lol:

He sure looks like a boy already.

I have a makeup mirror sitting in the cage, my boy isn't obsessed but does enjoy it. He will sit there are look into his reflection (another bird) for minutes on end.

But most of the time, he's chewing his wooden toys, popsicle sticks, eating and man-dancing.