11 Months

Moderator: Mods

DEEDEE

11 Months

Post by DEEDEE »

That is how long I've had my Ring Necks, Male & Female. Its been a long hard slog trying to get them to be my friend but I have started to win. You could not get close to them without needing a plaster, now I can get them on my hand they have a nibble but no bite. When they are out on the garden George leaps from the cage and walks to the door to go back in the house 5 - 10 foot. Mildred shouts him and I have to fetch him back. Will get a updated picture or two of the Birds soon, for you to see,
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

good on you.

trust me my boy of 3 months (he is a year old) is an angel but he does still bite when he doesn't want handling- he wasnt handled before in the pet shop. a poster fell off the wall this morning and scared him, he would not eat his breakfast and to get him out of his cage i had to offer him a biscuit and we got past this treat phase weeks ago. We are learning the 'come/fly to me' now and i thought he was getting better.

Just when you feel confident they bite and keep you grounded.

It really hurts your heart!!!

I feel like i have a rocky relationship with my "son"

i bought him some coloured streamers today :wink: and coloured popsicle sticks!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Glad to hear of the progress! They seem like characters.

Ive had Yoda for 11 months, almost, now too. Still working on his behaviour though! Hes still scared of my partner and wont go near him. But seems to love me!

Looking forward to seeing the pics! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

they improve so much with time cookie doesnt bite now unless i really annoy him instead he nudges my hand away with his beak but i push past and he gets on. i have had cookie for 10 months now he is one next month :D
nil

Post by nil »

i think deede is difficult to make your ringnecks friends of you because they are two, if you have only one bird it is easier because then the bird need your relationship,but now not.
It needs hard work from you, good luck
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

I think once I have worked my Magic on the Female and She becomes 100% trusting it will only be a matter of time before George follows in her steps. Neither will take chunks out of me now, I'm the Daddy.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D It is easier in a way with 2. As you teach one something the other copies! But it can be difficult when they would rather each other than you like Nil said. :wink:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

i think we can happily agree, Ringnecks are birds that must trust you. We have to work for their love, and we wouldn't wnat it any other way, would we? :roll:

I often kiss my boy's beak and this "kiss" is really just him pushing my lip away from him, not exactly a loving gesture. But oh well. You take what you can...!!!
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

Elizabeth excuse my ignorance where is Hobart
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Thats what us Aussies wonder too! *Aussie Jokes* Its the most southern city (town) in Aus. On that little island down the bottom called Tasmania that people forget. But its well worth visiting. A nice little town. :wink:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

lol its actually a city. Unforunately I live at the end of existence- a place where there are no ferret breeders, no IRN breeders, No rottweiler breeders.

We are a small Australian island called Tasmania and we are mostly rainforest and you can get to the top from the bottom of the state in 3 1/2 hours. Its capital is Hobart which is a little city with one University and you can live and work right in the city for just 500.000.

I live in Moonah which is approximately 10 minutes away from the city.
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

Elizabeth, you just made me laugh, in the village next to us they have just held a Ferret racing competition, it sold out in 5 hours