The strange ways of Neela

Moderator: Mods

iloveirns

The strange ways of Neela

Post by iloveirns »

... (or maybe not so strange, thats what I wanna find out!)

Hey everyone :D
Has anyone else noticed these behaviours from their IRN

- Chasing their own tails around in circles, just like a dog would

- Finding a toy to take their anger out on, for example when ever I walk away my irn straight away flys over to his toy ball and starts aggressivly banging it around with his beak
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

LOL Datsun does not do either but Audi my crazy, beautiful Lovebird does both... she thinks she is a rottweiller!!
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Hehe. Thats so funny! Do you have a dog? might be learning off the dog. Yoda sometimes barks like a dog.
I don't know about chasing but Jibby has scratched his head with his tail before. Jibby has a love/hate relationship with his bell. He feeds it, humps it, kisses it, sleeps with it on his head. But he does attack it and when it comes back to hit him in the head he gets more and more angry at it. He doesn't realize he's actually making it hit him and its not alive! :roll: Jibby also reeeally hates Yodas calcium perch. He does a very loud weird growl at it. And when I take it to clean, he follows and makes a ridiculas squark/growl (at the same time). :? Hard to explain but its kind of funny!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
iloveirns

Post by iloveirns »

Nope I dont have a dog, so no one to blame there but him LOL. Neela also has a love/hate relationship with his ball, i've caught him doing the male dance to it a few times. Other than that it's just basically his punching bag lol :roll:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Jordan has a bucket of beads, flat ones and round ones. He will angrily pick out and toss on to the table every last bead from the bucket, growling as he goes, which is audibly "very loud" when his head is inside the bucket (he loves this). Then proceeds tpo jump on and attack each one picking them up and tossing them off onto the floor. Then Jumps down finds the round bead and humps it :roll:

lol .. funny little things these birds are, especially during the silly season.

Lauren .. you have GOT to get a pick of him sleeping with the bell on his head, I HAVE to see that. I know exactly the squawk/growl you are talking about, jordan does it
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: LOL, That made me laugh. Now thats strange! Silly Jordon. I can picture it now. So funny. hehe

Oh Its silly season right now and Jibby has gone bonkers! :shock:
I will have to borrow mums camera soon or buy one! I wish I could get a picture of him at bedtime. Thats when he does his weird behaviours. But as soon as I come near him he stops. Typical bird! :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year