baby IRN problem... :(

Moderator: Mods

mattyboardman

baby IRN problem... :(

Post by mattyboardman »

the babie of my IRN that was 3 weeks younger...well its feet look like clubed feet it cant stand on them or grab onto things i cant remember if the other babies was like this till they got older...

but its feet look REALLY small and they curl up so nothing can hole it on ther finger if they wanted too.

if it is club foot what do the vets do to the bird i dont want them to hurt my baby :(
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Donna

Post by Donna »

Matty how old is this baby now? Was is perching on your finger before?

Need more info!

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

id say around 6 / 7 week no its never been on my finger just its feet are closed up he can still move them but i dont know they look wierd they might be ok but im just asking they do look small imo

hopfully it is ok :(
Donna

Post by Donna »

At 7 weeks old it should be perching or trying to perch. The problems you have had with this baby in past week I would have to say it's a neurological birth defect. Could you post a pic of this babies feet?

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh dear. I do hope all is well. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

i will post a photo when my father gets home i will take a picture of it and then post it up this is a different bird from the one i was having problems with ast week the one last week seams to be alot better now eating alot of fruit and nuts but this ( smalliest one ) is the one im worried about....

if it is club foot they wont kill it will they? i dont want them to hurt it i n, no person wil lbuy it but i can luck after it...
Donna

Post by Donna »

Matty There's many birds of all species living with deformities due to birth defects or accidents. But being a responsible pet owner also means you have to make the decision on weather or not it has quality of life and it's not suffering. I know you want to do whats best for the bird but just make sure you can handle the challenge.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

i am goin to take it to the vets in a few days when i get some money because in the UK you have to pay a fee just to see the vet what sucks but i want to make sure that the baby is 100% fine is he / she is i talked to my fiancee and i am going to keep her / him my self it is a baby and i would never let some body hurt him/her if all that was wrong is clubbed foot my fiancee brother has that in real life but he is a human and had like 50 operations i would not put the bird threw that but if everything else other then its feet is ok then i will be keeping him / her my self i just feel bad for this happening like its my fault

her are some pics of her/him feet not good pics but icannot find my camera any where what sucks big time

image 1 :

image 2 :

hope this can help
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Aww poor bub, looks to me like a birth defect. Please do see the vet, there is a chance that with the right exercises this baby may learn to use his/her feet better in time and as long as there is no other issues will likely adapt quite well!! You will be the best possible home for the wee tyke.

Also be sure to ask if this is something you may see consistently from this pairing, best not to allow them to breed if the babies are at risk of having defects.
-Chamon-

mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

they have been breed before and this has never happend before ithink it is because the egg hatched 3 weeks after the other 3 eggs it was a late hatch i could not remove the egg cause the mother would of took my finger off....

i will be keeping her/him if there is anything wrong after the vet has been seen but it has been ok nothing else seams to bother it and it use's its beak to balance so i think it is getting use to it already will let u know what the vet says