Beak Clicking?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Beak Clicking?

Post by Lauren »

Anyone seen this? Its not like beak grinding. Its more of a click. Does anyone have an ideas on what this is? Yoda does it everytime we go into the bathroom (which seems to be the fave room) :shock: I've heard of this in other parrots but can't find a more specific reason. It only seems to be happening in the bathroom! Jibby has never done this so I'm trying to find out reasons.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

copying the dripping tap ? or maybe the light switch in that room makes a different sound. ? I don't exactly know what you mean by beak clicking, is it the actual beak he clicks together or is it a sound he makes like a click ?
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie makes a click noise but not very often not sure why either
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

one of my babies have started to do this also where the like grind there top beak with there bottom right ?

also my male does it aint seen the female do it tho :S
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
greeny

Post by greeny »

I have seen this done when the bird is feeling hostile or upset. Grinding the beak is usually when they are relaxing but that clicking often happens when they are trying to intimidate, at least in my experience.
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

yea iwould say the same when we dont talk to the baby thats when it tends to do it so it might be to get more attension? i might be wrong tho
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx for the replies. Yep, he makes a clicking sound by 'popping' the beak over the lower mandible. Hard to explain. Not a mimic sound. He will also pin when he does it. Its interesting that you might say it could be a hostile behaviour because I'm not sure whether Yoda is intimidating or hostile in the bathroom. If anything, he lets Jibby and I get closer than if he was in the main room. He seems very relaxed in there and its hard to get him out of the bathroom! :roll:

The pinning makes me think hostile. But he lets us get closer and chats away like hes happy? Confusing. :?

Hes become more adventurous in the last few days and has been 'exploring' everywhere he can get to. Of course Jibby follows him everywhere he goes. So lately they keep wanting to go to the bathroom. Normally he'd stay in the main lounge area. Yoda suddenly became more comfortable with me and the house a few days ago. :shock:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My babies 'click' to make kissy noise...

Gimme Kiss and they both click click click... always in 3's.

Do you kiss at them in the air? If so, they have learned to kiss back :!:

Make YOUR kissy sound and see if they dont click. :lol:

They learned a trick and ya didnt even know it! Please let us know if this is the case. I too thought something was wrong with my tiel for this very reason, then I discovered she does it everytime my husband walks by OR anytime I say Kiss Kiss.

Problem is, they are smarter than US... little sh*ts.
~ Mikaela Sky

mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

but the baby is only 10 weeks old can they be trained to do tricks at this age?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I'm pretty sure its not kissing as hes got that all worked out and it sounds nothing like the click. :? Just one of those weird things birdies do I guess. I seem to pick out the weirdest ones. hehe

Mik, :lol: Jibby does kisses in 4's! Yoda just walks around giving everything just 1 kiss.
Aves

Post by Aves »

Levi always does a clicking sort of grinding thing when she's content or falling asleep. I read into some various websites and concluded that it is something normal most birds do when they are comfortable or getting sleepy.
"You remain responsible, forever for what you have tamed"