help needed badly !!

Moderator: Mods

mattyboardman

help needed badly !!

Post by mattyboardman »

hi all sorry i aint been on for a while problems with the fiancee / work etc...

well the babies are starting to leave home 2 have gone to there new home and they are settles great and eating off there new owners / walking all over them the owners are over the moon with how they are.

but one what was about to leave for its new home started to play up / not eat for 2 days BUT i got it starting to eat but when i hold the bird its feet curl up and its eyes shut and its wings shake this was day 1 of not eating and this was every time i held it.

today its only done this around 2 times but yesterday it did it like 15 / 20 and today its eating food again and drinking water it seams to be getting life back into it but yesterday it was so lifless has any one got any idea's why its done this.

i think ( fingers crossed ) it is gettin better i have held the baby for a few hours now and its walking around more eating every hour :S and drinking.

im just worried thats all can any one help ?

thanks for your time
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Donna

Post by Donna »

Sounds like it's blood sugar went to low from not eating. A vet check would be a good idea.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

this was happening yesterday it seems to be ALOT better today i will take it to see the vets asap thanks alot donna !

also does this happen alot in babies ?
Donna

Post by Donna »

It doesnt happen very often, could be genetic or a birth defect. You can also try mixing Pedialyte in a hand feeding formula, this is to get electrolytes back in it's system.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

its on hard food now not formula ie crushed peanutes / fruit etc ive just given it some fruit to extra boost its suger levels up and it seamed to give it a boost its walking / flying all over the show now ill keep you informed on how it is but its looking alot better then it did yesterday so my hopes have goten a good boost also i thought it was a goner yesterday but he / she is doing ALOT better :D thanks for you help
Donna

Post by Donna »

Good Luck with him!! Just a note though, they are never to old to be given a hand feeding formula once in a while :D I have an 8 month old cockatoo that sees me feeding baby greys and he has to have some too.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

haha thats funny ok i will buy some online today cause i cannot get hold of it from pets stores near me so i will order some online and give it a feed to give him an extra energy boost thanks for you time and help donna !
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh my! Good to hear your baby is looking well again. :wink:

Donna, what a big baby you have there! hehe
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

yea today she is 10000000% better and looking alot better too i got alot of fruit down her and she loved it and it seamed to wake her up a little and she had al ong sleep when she woke up this morning she was making noisies to me bite me once cause she missed her nut but yea today she/he seems alot better
Donna

Post by Donna »

That's great Matty!! I would still consider a vet check. This could have been a one time episode or it could be an underling problem it will have for the rest of it's life and the new owner needs to be aware of it.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

i will take it vets tomorrow they are closed today being bank holiday so i will take her for a check tomorrow cause i was going to anyway just to be 100% sure there isnt nothing wrong with her...