love vomit?

Moderator: Mods

Melissa

love vomit?

Post by Melissa »

last night the boys and i were getting ready for bed and the cat jumped up for a little love

right after he chased the cat away my senegal max was being his usual snuggle monster self when i noticed it looked like he was choking

i kept my eye on him and he did it again a few minutes later

again and again he looked like he had something stuck in his throat and i was getting really upset about it when i realised.... he was vomiting in his mouth

now i know that this can be considered the biggest compliment your fid can give.... but is this going to become an issue when he becomes sexually mature? he's very protective over me now and im hoping this isnt going to turn into sexual tension! this is the first time he has done it that ive noticed but im not sure if i should discourage this (or even how i would!) or if it is genuinley okay for him to exhibit this kind of behavior

any suggestions guys?????
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Sometimes regurgitation can mean an infection. So make sure hes well and not sick. But yes, this is a sign of great affection too. Hes saying 'I love you'. Isn't birdy love grand? hehe. It can become a problem if the bird is overly protective of you as hes probably chosen you as his mate. This 'love' can result in some unwanted aggressive behaviour towards others and well you don't exactly want 'birdy love' especially in breeding season. :shock: Unfortunately/or fortunately! I've never had the pleasure of 'Jibbys special love' :lol: Hes quite happy to do it to his bell and Yoda. Jibbys only really 'protective' of his bell in breeding season but only when hes err 'in the mood' (which has been quite alot lately.:shock:) so I don't mind him doing 'birdy' things. But if he did start with me, I would discourage it. Because well, as much as its a compliment, its yukky! and you don't want an aggressive/protective bird. I've also heard of health complications if birds are 'sexually frustrated'?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

tell me how .. how do ya curb horny bird infactuations .. coz jordan too is drivin us all nuts .. of course i love it. putting him away just has him going sick on the toys in the room .. lol :roll: nature .. sheesh !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

When I don't want Jibby 'doing his thing' I give him something else to occupy him. It can be hard to get him away from his 'toy' and as soon as hes bored with whatever I give him hes goes back to 'finish'. Its only really a quick fix. Stop him just a few minutes. I've even tried puting his bell ontop of his cage where I didn't think he'd find it 'comfortable' to do the naughty business (he prefers the carpet!). But this didn't work as I found out today. So I just let him 'go for it' now. :roll:

If he ever tried 'feeding' me I would try turning my back to him or put him down and walk away to show him I don't like that?

Yoda just sits patiently but gets frustrated after a while and says 'thats enough' by lunging at him just to scare him away. But hes a persistent lil bugga and 2 seconds later he'll creep back over to Yoda and do it again! So obviously Yoda can't even stop it either. :roll:
I guess a birds gotta do what a birds gotta do I suppose and nothing gets in the way of birdy business! I'm a little worried that Yoda now loves to watch Jibby curiously as he does it. Don't they have manners in a flock? :?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I thought my Baby had problems so I never mentioned it. :oops:

He is horny all the time too. :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

males :roll:
Angie