I love my girl.

Moderator: Mods

Andreya

I love my girl.

Post by Andreya »

So I just got a new Creamino Indian Ringneck (Lola).. well not really 'new' as I've known and interacted with her for months now. She was for sale at the pet shop I used to work at before it closed. She is six months old now and they never were able to sell her. So a few days ago the owner gave her to me.

I was in love with Lola from the first day I saw her and the feelings apparently are mutual. She never has been scared of me. She has always stepped up, gave me kisses, made cooing/clucking sounds at me and just been abolutely perfect. She is seriously awesome. I've only had her home for two days and she has been glued to me, as she was at the pet shop. She is discovering things very quickly like beak pressure, liking being petted and adjusting very well to her new cage, toys and home.

I know this thread is titled behavior and I'm assuming it's 'good' behavior also. I couldn't be happier with my new baby and wanted to share that. Here are some pics I took of her tonight.

Last edited by Andreya on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andi
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

She is BEAUTIFUL, what a little sweetheart!!! I am so glad she has a loving home!
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww she is so pretty ! .. a match made in heaven for sure :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

She is just lovely...

Dani
julie

Post by julie »

8) very pretty 8)
greeny

Post by greeny »

Sometimes it's just meant to be. She's a beautiful girl. Congratulations! She is so lucky to have found a best friend to bond to and get a good home.

I am very interested in this behavior. I wonder what makes a bird fall in love with a person. I have a 6 mo old new at home too and he/she fell in love with my husband. I can handle the bird and he's ok with me, but *loves* my husband and makes the same little chirp noises you describe for him, the way yours does for you.

We have experimented a little with this trying to figure out if it's a visual thing or scent or whatever.

Enjoy that little beauty you have - what a happy story you have there!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww, gosh I love her colour! Lola is so cute!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

greeny wrote:Sometimes it's just meant to be. She's a beautiful girl. Congratulations! She is so lucky to have found a best friend to bond to and get a good home.

I am very interested in this behavior. I wonder what makes a bird fall in love with a person. I have a 6 mo old new at home too and he/she fell in love with my husband. I can handle the bird and he's ok with me, but *loves* my husband and makes the same little chirp noises you describe for him, the way yours does for you.

We have experimented a little with this trying to figure out if it's a visual thing or scent or whatever.

Enjoy that little beauty you have - what a happy story you have there!

I understand this perfectly. You see, Lola is the exact opposite of my other IRN. I have a Violet named Nigel that I got a few months ago who wants nothing to do with me. Problem, being I'm all he's got. He's not aggressive or bitey, he just prefers to play by himself and will only step up when I am rescuing him from somewhere he shouldn't be or getting him out of his cage for playtime and then he goes right up to the stand.

So I can't give you any insight at all why one loves me and the other doesn't. I guess maybe they are more like people than we think. I know I don't like everyone. lol I think maybe he would do better with someone else, I don't know...

Oohh and I don't know if it's like a old wives tale but I've heard that them making that sound can indicate that they are female. Mine are both DNA sexed so I know for sure what they are... :)
Andi
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

And thanks to everyone else too. :) I'm quite excited to finally have one that wants to be with me as much as I do her. She's amazing really. I hadn't had two of one species of bird before so I couldn't compare them personality wise. I have a Parrotlet and Red Rumped Parakeet that both love me and have since day 1, just like Lola.
Andi