Sudden aggression.

Moderator: Mods

tekspek

Sudden aggression.

Post by tekspek »

Hodel has been preceding great. Shes 25 weeks now. She apparently likes to be near me. She takes food from my hand and has no fear of coming down to the table to mooch when I eat. She gets noisy when I leave the room and talks to me a lot with chirps and chortles etc.

I've been very encouraged by the progress. Suddenly she has started biting. There's no good reason. I've not pushed her and I've been letting her go at her own pace. It's not fear either. When I try to put food on her foraging tout on the outside of her cage or try to clean around her cage she will charge, even from the playground on top of her cage. Now even giving her treats, she dodged the treat and tries to bite.

Is this a stage? How do I correct it. I've been saying "no biting" and not reacting when she tries this.
AJPeter

Re: Sudden aggression.

Post by AJPeter »

It might be hormonal, and as you say a stage she is going through, when they are very young they soak up attention but as she gets older she might be saying you are too close.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sounds territorial rather than hormonal,
MissK

Post by MissK »

I feel there is always a reason, and regardless of what we think, it's a good reason to the bird.
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Sorry I haven't responded earlier, I haven't had time to make a big post. To tell the truth, I make a lot of posts on this board that don't even get an acknowledgement so I get fed up with it.

Go to www.goodbirdinc.com and buy the Webinar about biting and aggressive behaviour. If you can't see a solution after watching it, Barbara seems very good about answering email questions to follow up her products. If she is doing that webinar live you can ask her while attending.