Monster!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Monster!

Post by Lauren »

:( Jibby wont let me touch or talk to Yoda the last few days. Hes getting extreemly 'protective' of Yoda. I say protective because if Yoda is startled by next doors cat at the window or misjudges landings or falls from climbing, Jibby will fly down to 'kiss' Yoda and make sure hes alright. Hes like Yodas slave/bodyguard! But he wont let me anywhere near Yoda lately. Not even allowed to talk to Yoda without him flying to me to tell me a firm 'MINE!' by biting. :evil:

He gets enough head scratches and love from me so I think he's just infatuated with Yoda and no ones allowed to give Yoda love but him! Hes spending a fair amount of 'time out' in the cage because hes been this way. Already biten me 3 times today!

I cannot separate them without one bird having less human contact (tiny unit) and I don't really want to as I know they are both happy with each other.

I know its breeding season here and I might get less 'love' from Jibby as hes bonding to Yoda. This doesn't bother me. Hes just never been like this in the almost 7 years Ive had him! Could this progress into a long term serious matter or will he stop when the season is over?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated. Ah the joys of parrenthood. I want my Jibby back. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I really don't have any idea , our Jordan is all over pickle, but pickle (with a definate Yell Screetch) tells jordan where to get off. They still play together and Jordan feeds him all the time but Pickle just doesn't want Jordan to go any further than that :shock: .. :lol:

I know Jordan is very protective of me over Jim. If jim kisses me in front of him he lunges between us, pushing his beak between our lips and makes a growling sound and nudges Jim away.

I think if you separate them from each other just for an hour of one on one play time with Jibby ? maybe this will help ?

Not sure if it will ease after breeding season, I would say yes, but never had the experience so I don't really know :cry: Sorry darlin.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thats ok, Ive just never seen him so evil before. :shock: I mean he's been evil but never this evil! He seriously had it in for me yesterday. Everytime I walked anywhere near him, he'd jump to the side of the cage and give me the death stare followed by acting cute. He just wanted me to come closer so he can attack! Well, I don't play those evil games. Uh uh!
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Im sorry Lauren but I can't help but giggle and your Jekyll and Hyde birdie...how adorable in a very naughty boy way.... :wink:

**Lookit Mama I am sooooooo cute........till I lunge and take a chunk outa your face! :shock: ** heheh the joys of owning a Ringneck
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww we shouldn't laugh !! :?

:lol: sorry !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: My partner told me I was teasing him by laughing at him. But I'm sure Jibby was the one laughing at me! Little smarty bum he is. :lol: