Baths?

Moderator: Mods

aaren09

Baths?

Post by aaren09 »

I have just recently purchased a IRN...Pickle, well I haven't tried to give him a bath because i've only had him for about 5 days and I want to build up his trust before I do anything too "scary" such as give him a bath...I know most birds like baths but I don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Some birds like to splash about in a pool of water. (Dont make it too deep) Others like a spray with a spray bottle. Try putting a shallow bowl of water in the cage. Only needs to be the depth of their legs. You can buy bird bath buckets from petshops for a few dollars. If Pickle doesn't like to bath himself try getting a spray bottle and mist him/her.

In hotter climates I would mist Pickle everyday to cool him down.

I have a birdy bucket I put ontop of the cage. My 2 love to dunk their heads in and splash it all over the place. It took my Yoda a few weeks before he took a dive into the water. Now, he baths everyday. Jibby used to love going to the shower with me. But in the last year he'd rather just sit in the bathroom.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

What Lauren said :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i use a pie dish with cookie
julie

Post by julie »

For some strange reason, the vaccum cleaner sound makes indie want to have a bath.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, my 2 dive in when I turn the vacuum on too. Seems alot of birds do this? :shock: Must be thinking.. 'Cleaning time!'
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) I use a large glass cake pan. I fill it about 2 inches. Klaatu loves it. Unfortunately because of my work schedule and the fact I don't want him wet after the sun goes down he only gets his "swimming pool" once a week. I do mist him about every other day in the morning.
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
sosassy

Post by sosassy »

My Clyde likes the hair dryer I put it on cool and he thinks he's flyin or somthing and hop in his bath and goes nuts-then I dry him off and he does it all over again :lol:
We're all here, cause we ain't all there!
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:lol: :lol: :lol: How cute!!!!!!!!
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto