Ouch!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Ouch!

Post by Lauren »

:x I don't know what happened just now, but Jibby was happily giving me kisses, then out of no where, mauled my face! Took a chunk ( I mean a CHUNK!) out of my chin and its bleeding quite badly. Its the worst bite I've ever got from him in 7 years and without warning! I have a feeling hes getting a little protective of Yoda too and I believe its breeding season here in Aus? :cry:

I don't believe I was doing anything wrong. He just snapped! As much as it was painful I did the right thing, ignored him and calmly put him in his cage for time out while I have blood running down my top.

From now, Jibby is no longer allowed on my shoulder, EVER. I've never had a problem with him there until just now.

I don't want to discourage new bird owners. Everyone should know that birds bite every now and then. Its how you deal with it that matters. Jibby is now sitting in his cage looking a little confused. He's in big trouble.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Ouch! . . hope your chinny chin chin mends ok.. a scar to go along with the labret mark :roll: I hope not.

Jordan has been rather nippy too lately, out of the blue. I thought it was payout for me leaving for so long, but it could be a mix of that and breeding season upon us. sigh!

He is sitting on my shoulder as we speak doing a wild bird call I have never heard before to the others in the birdroom .. maybe he wants a crack at mickey :shock: and is frustrated she is Kai's
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Aw, poor Lauren! Gosh I know the feeling. Though I have never been bitten that badly by my ringnecks--my African Grey can bite with vengeance. One time I was holding him and he bit my hand so hard. It was gushing out blood and I swear it felt like he was crushing my bone. It hurt so badly and he only released when I pushed my hand towards his body. Like Jibby, Brutus was so sweet and I had no warning. In fact, he never really bit me before. That was the first time I had been bitten so bad form a large parrot. My hand hurt so long after that.

Hope your okay and I commend you for holding through with no reaction. Sometimes these monsters like to test us and they don’t know what they put us through—after all, how would they like it if we bit them that bad :wink: .

Best wishes, :wink:

Imran
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:shock: omg can you imagine :roll: what an image !

Going for the Chomp ? :shock: ??

Yes Lauren, well done sweetie. And imran I remember when you posted that had happened, sounds totally dreadful, all healed ok ?
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thankyou for your support and understanding here. Means alot to me. :wink:

Well, I did want my piercing back. lol. I'm just trying to scrub the blood off the carpet so it doesn't look like I've committed a murder here. hehe. Gosh, I do feel like biting him back. hehe (joking) Jibbys been a right little bugga lately. Already bitten me twice in the last week.

I have the feeling Jibby really likes Yoda alot. I've just let him out of the cage after 15 mins out time and hes already trying to 'kiss' and play games with trance dancing Yoda. I see that he gets very jealous when I spend time with Yoda. I was talking to Yoda at the time he bit me so maybe I just wasn't paying attention to him when he wanted. Argh, the joys of IRNs!

Thanx for letting me vent. :roll:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Haha! those images always make me giggle.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That would have hurt my feelers. :cry:

I take Baby too personally!
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon only has biten me once and it wasnt bad but he bites his daddy all the time, and he drew blood a few weeks back. I think its because daddy brought the other boys into the house (toby and Jade).
Adam and Dude