Posessed

Moderator: Mods

WasasMum

Posessed

Post by WasasMum »

Today when I came home at lunch I took Wasa out of his cage as per usual, he jumped on his log and had a bit of a jabber, then he jumped down on the back of the couch and his eyes pinned, he put his wings out a bit and he got down close to the couch and would take a few steps then like leap, and a few more and leap again, it was very very cute but weird lol.... he then came down on my chest near my face and his eyes pinned down very small and he had his wings out and he made like a baby bird kind of sound... he did this for quiet some time... whats happening lol... im confused :roll:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Sounds like hes doing the male trance dance. Or could be just excited! Yoda does the same. Its fascinating isn't it? :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep like Lauren said sounds like a real boy dance going on !

They do it alot more during breeding season. They will do it around objects, other birds or even your big toe :roll: it's a display of how great they are, or how strong they are, like showing off, or sometimes even to intimidate. I could watch it for hours, love it.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

my blue boy was doing the mating dance at skye today too :shock: Indie quite often dances on the top of the lounge its sort of like he is watching out for flys or something but funny to watch.
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thanks for asking this question was going to ask teh same thing as Amazon does that sort of thing to my book case of the kids toys
Adam and Dude