LOOK MUM - NO HANDS!!!!

Moderator: Mods

WasasMum

LOOK MUM - NO HANDS!!!!

Post by WasasMum »

Hi everyone, I am a new Ringneck Mum to my little baby Wasa (Wozza - as in wasa bad bird now a good bird) He just needed a little bit of TLC to calm him down. Well after a week of lots of kisses and smooching he is just fabulous how ever he does not really settle in the evening in his cage and climbs around and around and around for ages.
He also does this really strange thing where he will get on the side of the cage, and hold on with just his beak he takes his feet off the wire and just like swings there.
I am quiet concerned for him
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hehe, what a cute name! Wasa sounds so cute!

Don't worry, My Yoda does the same at bedtime. Climbs around and around the cage until hes comfy in one spot. The other night he fell asleep in his food bowl then when I went to turn the lights out he climbed up onto his calcium perch. Yoda was also very restless the first few weeks. He also used to do the same 'hanging' thing when I went to go pick him up out of the cage. If he saw me coming he'd just go all limp and cling onto the cage with his beak so I'd have to unhook the beak to get him out! Probebly thinking 'You can try but my beak will save me!' lol.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
BILO

Post by BILO »

when i had mine...in the first few weeks she used to stick her head out off the fence from the top and just sit there "ofcourse grabbing the fence at the same time so she wouldn't choke" and she would just stay like that even when we left the door open lol
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family to you and Wasa. You know I have heard of this before, it's not uncommon, I wouldn't be too concerned :wink: These babies have incredible and sometimes crazy little personalites... Oh I lie !

They ALWAYS have crazy BIG personalities !!
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I wouldnt worry either Yuki is crazy flying at the curtain and letting it catch her like a net then she growls and flaps before flying away. Sometimes birds are just eccentric :p
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

fortunately neither my fids, fuzzballs or I have any eccentric habits :roll: . They are characters!
MCS
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

I had a Patagonian Conure that would hang on the side of the cage with her beak and no feet. It was really cute. I don't think it means anything bad though.
nichole123

Post by nichole123 »

I would guess that it's normal considering when I brought home my 2 the refused to do anything but hang in the corner of the cage! I would put them on the perch and they were not having any of it!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Ajendra was very well adjusted (believe me most of my birds have been anything but that). He will happily move around his cage like nothing bothers him (I got him a week ago). When i go to get him he sometimes refuses but the second time will step up. Its amazing how he has no fear. Most of my other birds would stop in the presence of me.