Frustrated!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Frustrated!

Post by Lauren »

Ive been having alot of troubles with my internet lately and had a technician around today. The tech was here quite a while and Jibby would not stop screeching! I moved Jibby into another room and ignored him but that made him even worse! Jibs not normally like this when there is new people in the house. Hes never carried on screeching like this ever. We all know how loud they can be but this was outrageous!

I realised that he might not have liked what the tech was wearing. It was a bright orange uniform!
Of course as soon as the tech left, Jibby was sitting on his swing happy as can be, grinding his beak happily! :x The poor tech prolly thought what an un disciplined pet! But Jibby has been an angel lately untill today.

Anyone elses fids ever had a complete hatred like this?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep .. we have a birdroom where all the birds stay and we bring them out at play times. If a new person walks into that room all hell breaks loose., until the intruder leaves. If they are out with us in the main living area's and a visitor comes .. not a problem. Seems like its a territorial thing.

Once they know a person though, a person that has visited regularly, they seem to be fine even in the birdroom with them.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

lol. We need one of those guard dog signs people put on their fences. But instead have 'beware of guard bird! enter at your own risk.'
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan is a great watch dog. Two inspectors came to check the house yesterday; she screeched when they walked in and I quieted her down. Then they were walking around outside and everytime they got in her line of sight she started yelling. Of course, I laughed and once I explained to them that she was warning the rest of the flock that there were strangers around, they started laughing too. Since I was in the room the tiels did not start in too, but if I am out of sight too, the six of them will start to "pass the word" as well. Very funny
MCS
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

lol ...

Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I'll have two opf those signs Angie, but can I have mine with a vicious Lovie on it?? :wink:
-Chamon-

FGM

Post by FGM »

My jangles does this too when my parents come over and a few other people.I just thought he didn't like them.Never thought about the stranger danger but it all makes sense now,since they hardly ever come over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan actually gets more vocal with men than women & I kept giggling the other day because a fairly..... what is the PC term.... slight? young man came to do some repairs and Gelly acted like he was a woman. I'm sure he thought I was nuts (of course once they see nine bird cages in the living room, they pretty much decide that), since I was laughing for no apparent reason.
MCS
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Last edited by kyria on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Pommeraniac

Re: Frustrated!

Post by Pommeraniac »

PsittaculaChick wrote:Ive been having alot of troubles with my internet lately and had a technician around today. The tech was here quite a while and Jibby would not stop screeching! I moved Jibby into another room and ignored him but that made him even worse! Jibs not normally like this when there is new people in the house. Hes never carried on screeching like this ever. We all know how loud they can be but this was outrageous!

I realised that he might not have liked what the tech was wearing. It was a bright orange uniform!
Of course as soon as the tech left, Jibby was sitting on his swing happy as can be, grinding his beak happily! :x The poor tech prolly thought what an un disciplined pet! But Jibby has been an angel lately untill today.

Anyone elses fids ever had a complete hatred like this?

I just experienced the loud screeching for the first time today. My Paco is very quiet all the time. My sister came over to visit today and her son (14 y/o) approached the cage and Paco just screeched and screeched and screeched. I had never heard him so loud. I never even new he could be so loud. My sister kept say "what are you doing to him". He didn't do anything but walk up the cage. Now I know I have a "Watch Bird" too.

Pommeraniac
Terry

Post by Terry »

I have a sun conure that goes mad whenever anyone comes into the house besides my fiance or myself, its hilarious to watch, he literally puffs up, goes into attack mode, screeches and rushes off the cage to bite! My IRN however is as friendly as anything to EVERYONE, strangers included, he will climb on anyone and launch off into speech Saying 'hello' 'what you doing?' its almost like he knows what to say at the appropriate times lol :lol: