strange sleeping positions

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

strange sleeping positions

Post by ambros1a »

ok i know weve been thru this b4 and what seems weird to us may be normal or natural to them.. but i still cant get over it lol, ive come to the conclusion if she wants to sleep like this, she can :shock: if i try move her she gets cranky. We dont know if arch is chasing her off all her 'regular' sleeping spots or what, but has been a common spot lately

that ball is hanging from a chain, so for her to lock her legs into place enough to not end up doing the splits lol, well damn, shes got stronger muscles than i ever could hahaha
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

It cant be comfortable! Yoda sleeps the same way except his head feathers poke through the top of the cage. Has perches, nice big thick ones, but nup theyd rather do the splits. Its amazing how far they can stretch their lil chicken legs apart! :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

LoL, I can’t understand it either. I swear my Archimedes enrolled inside a gymnastics class without me knowing. It always seems he is up in the corner of his cage going the splits before he goes to sleep. Silly bird! I tried installing a perch higher; however, he still chooses sleep clinging to the corner of his cage.

Very funny, thanks for sharing! :wink:

Best wishes,

Imran Chaudhy
sonic70

Post by sonic70 »

the breeder i got cosmo from told me that is the way they sleep which at the time i thought would be awfully uncomfortable. luckily my boy doesn't do it, he prefers to sit in his rope swing.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

she never used to sleep like this... it seems like archimedes is chasin her off her usual spot which was the highest perch, and nice natural branch.
tonight though she was sleeping on the rope perch in the middle, so its really a night by night thing lol
tu_ija

Post by tu_ija »

I got my second IRN on December. At first she slept nights in the other cage than my other IRN. In fourth night in the new home, Tuittu (the new bird) decided that she wants to sleep in the same cage than other birds but i didn´t dare to put these two birds in the same cage yet. I put Tuittu in the empty cage and she slept in exatly same position.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

tu_ija wrote:I got my second IRN on December. At first she slept nights in the other cage than my other IRN. In fourth night in the new home, Tuittu (the new bird) decided that she wants to sleep in the same cage than other birds but i didn´t dare to put these two birds in the same cage yet. I put Tuittu in the empty cage and she slept in exatly same position.

Good job! :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky